There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• tsroemi said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

Seriously good sale today everyone, lots of stacking and combining going on! Play around a bit maybe. new(er) stuff is also really affordable right now if it's been on your wishlist and you manage to get the 40% off the cart deal from the valentine's promo. I just bought 29 things for 90 bucks, most of them from the past few months, and not cheap either. Maybe hurry a bit, before the rules change wink

Need to get off work and buy a new prepaid card first, old one all used up already...
    Yesterday was good, today looks better

Ps. the cheapest items in Valentine promo (in Featured Artists) are about $4 together and that gives 40% off the cart

Can it be used more than once? I still have the dilemma of having only 2 tokens to start. 

If you are referring to Valentines 40% off, I used it yesterday and it's working today. If it was just one time deal, there would be a coupon with restrictions on it.

Back home now... Need to start figuring out the best deal, as I also have just 4 tokens from yesterday.

OK, great. I have to get to work too - it looks like basically everything in my wishlist, which was largely stuff from about November 2023 onward that was too new for the last really good wishlist sales, is on sale. 

Oh dammit people, now you've gone and made me consider a second round ... 

Working on round 2, now that I am fully armed with 8 tokens. I've got my entire wishlist (minus 9 things, 8 of which were wishlisted this month) in my cart for 85-97% off. If I'm not going to buy them for that, they probably shouldn't be there. And after I buy this, you know what's going to happen: They will immediately release New Things That I Must Have and the cycle will begin again ...

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

This sale is a torture... got to remove items to be just above $80 for 8 tokens >_<

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Tomhip said:

This sale is a torture... got to remove items to be just above $80 for 8 tokens >_<

Yeh, but in a good way. I already have 8 tokens so my main problem is cutting the stuff in my cart to something I can afford. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

I spent way too long figuring out the right combo of stuff to get everything to activate with items from my wishlist... and then realized that although a couple of the discounts were ones I was really happy bout, most of them (which weren't urgent anyway) were below my threshold, with an end average of "meh." I'm leaving my cart full in case of some random awesome orange banner, but otherwise I guess the time's a loss but not my wallet. If there had been a decent gift card sale recently I would have gone for it, but oh well.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

I ended up with 27 items for $47.37 on two orders, using a Daz+ coupon on each (would have been 28 but I goofed and re-purchased a DO I already had), 90% off overall.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited February 10

These 4 items (together) will give 40% off the whole cart (Valentine's)
    https://www.daz3d.com/emotiguy
    https://www.daz3d.com/oriental-tobacco-tray
    https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-moody-lights
    https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-soft-lights

Choose three items from this list https://www.daz3d.com/all-lunar-creatures and get extra 50% off these;
    https://www.daz3d.com/new-again
    https://www.daz3d.com/last-new-year

Wishlist items get extra 30% off

Second cart with 40 items currently at $71 (93% off), which includes Maryam 9 Pro Bundle for $9.74 and PW Millionaire Mansion for $3.58 with 7 tokens

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • OK, it's done. I ended up picking up 82 items (for the second cart), at 87% off, including 50 wishlist items (virtually all wishlisted since November). It's a cart full of new stuff - 62 of the items were released Jan 2023 or later. The non wishlisted stuff came from the other stacking sales PerttiA mentioned. I left behind only 8 items that were on my wishlist when I started today, all of which had just been added in recent days and weren't eligible for today's sale.

And with that, I retire for the evening to start installing all of this stuff so I can play with it. We should post some stuff in the "Render Your Buys - From the current sale" thread...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited February 10

...I felt good lust getting a  couple items I wanted from my wishlist (Villainous Lair and Kinetic Aecana - Ground FX) for 81% off. (13$ total).  Yeah not one of the "heavy rollers" here but when I see a chance for a good discount on something and everything lines up right, I'll jump on it.

Now Leela can blow things up with style.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Took a gamble and didn't pull the trigger before Daz midnight and only one item out of 40 went up a dollar in the cart. Now there is a new coupon for additional discounts smiley
    Cart currently at 54 items for $97.96 at 93% off, trimming down to $80 may bring tears to my eyes...

This is an exceptional sale, especially for non-DO stuff. One just needs to have a large wishlist when one needs it.

• So very, very many strings attached in this sale it almost feels like they're trolling us.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    Can't figure this sale out. Might give it another try tonight but for now I give up.

Hylas said:

Can't figure this sale out. Might give it another try tonight but for now I give up.

See my message a posts above 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,314
    edited February 10

PerttiA said:

Took a gamble and didn't pull the trigger before Daz midnight and only one item out of 40 went up a dollar in the cart. Now there is a new coupon for additional discounts smiley
    Cart currently at 54 items for $97.96 at 93% off, trimming down to $80 may bring tears to my eyes...

This is an exceptional sale, especially for non-DO stuff. One just needs to have a large wishlist when one needs it.

This was an epic sale, for me at least. I stood on the sidelines during the last really good wishlist sale because I only had like 5 things old enough to be a part of it, so it wasn't worth getting involved. This one made it possible to get the stacking discount for a fairly minimal and painless buy-in and included wishlisted things that had been released as recently as just a smidge over a week ago. I'm hoping that cleaning out my wishlist is the impetus I need to stop shopping and start using this stuff.

Frankly, I think I was ready to be done last night, so I walked away early. Usually I'll wait for Daz 11pm and check to see if sale prices are ending, but I was long done by then. Luckily for the part of me that is related to my mother - who famously continues to shop sales for things she has already bought, for months after the fact - when I check out the items associated with that new ad, I don't think it would've affected my cart last night. I literally don't see a single thing I bought last night in there when I filter for items already owned.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

all I know is this is a scary sale for my wallet. I'm trying very hard to cut back, but right now I have a few things from my WL and other stuff that is coming in at 90% off. Very hard to pass this by. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Considering going for round 2 but will wait till tomorrow to see if anything reshuffles.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited February 10

n/a

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

PerttiA said:

Hylas said:

See my message a posts above 

Thanks for the instructions, wouldn't have thought about stacking the Valentines sales with todays sales.

I guess my problem is that only very few of my wishlisted items are in the "new again" or "last new year" selection, and I also don't have tokens or DAZ plus. So I think I can't get the crazy good discounts some of y'all are getting.

Even so, I managed a $20 cart that contains 4 wishlisted non-DO items that are $25-30 each at full price. That's not too bad, I'll think about it.

BTW, putting items you already own in the cart (for the sake of triggering discounts) appears to have become more difficult. It's still possible, you have to find a work-around.

i just throw stuff in the cart that i want anymore and see what the discounts turn into. Then I delete stuff until the pricing goes up, and add back as needed, when the sales are all convoluted, as this one is. its nuts trying to figure this all out. 
    I think many on the forums take time from their life to figure this stuff out, but I wonder how many customers actually do this. How much are they losing playing these games, or are they? I think not, considering they keep on coming and seem to be more often. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited February 10

Korpin.Sulat said:

So very, very many strings attached in this sale it almost feels like they're trolling us.

....sort like being the trout in one of those "you catch 'em you keep 'em" fishing ponds at a sports, boat, and outdoors show.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

How is the issue with lightning sale prices increasing when in cart still going on?

:| 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited February 10

LOL it's too complicated for me, I haven't bought anything today except a single lightning deal and that increased by 50 cents in cart too

so 89% off instead of 90%

not seeing anything else 90% or more off in cart

I own most of the stuff PerttiA listed for discounts

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

LOL it's too complicated for me, I haven't bought anything today except a single lightning deal and that increased by 50 cents in cart too

The items I listed, I have already bought twice, in my current cart they are $1.66 together, which is a small price for the discount they trigger.
    They are part of https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-love-struck-artists and any 4 items on that selection will trigger the 40% off cart discount

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    daveso said:

i just throw stuff in the cart that i want anymore and see what the discounts turn into. Then I delete stuff until the pricing goes up, and add back as needed, when the sales are all convoluted, as this one is. its nuts trying to figure this all out. 
    I think many on the forums take time from their life to figure this stuff out, but I wonder how many customers actually do this. How much are they losing playing these games, or are they? I think not, considering they keep on coming and seem to be more often. 

If you have 8 tokens, and you put the 4 items PerttiA refers to into cart, and put 3 lunar animals into cart, you can get the Freja, Ivan, and Angela 9 mega bundles for 97% off (if they were in your wish list already. All 3 of the bundles are about $25 combined. It can be convoluted, but the deals are great if you take the time to figure them out and stack stuff. Don't think i have seen better.
  • ValiskaValiska Posts: 80

theflarf said:

How is the issue with lightning sale prices increasing when in cart still going on?

:| 

Still happening. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

The items I listed, I have already bought twice, in my current cart they are $1.66 together, which is a small price for the discount they trigger.
    They are part of https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-love-struck-artists and any 4 items on that selection will trigger the 40% off cart discount

Ivar 9 HD Viking Mega Bundle $14.11

Striped Dragon Maps $0.38

Elemental Dragon Maps $0.38

SS Hatchling Maps $0.38

EmotiGuy $0.34

Oriental Tobacco Tray $0.48

Ultimate Moody Lights $1.01

Ultimate Soft Lights $1.01

yes

Aussie dollar still sucks and almost doubled that though surprise

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited February 11

I spent way too much the other day with a big cart of stacking items and 8 tokens, getting items averaging around 90% off and now I have a ridiculous amount of tokens and 1 day to spend them and not going to go crazy stacking multiple items again. It feels like such a waste. I wish we could share our tokens or keep them longer!

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Wonderland said:

I spent way too much the other day with a big cart of stacking items and 8 tokens, getting items averaging around 90% off and now I have a ridiculous amount of tokens and 1 day to spend them and not going to go crazy stacking multiple items again. It feels like such a waste. I wish we could share our tokens or keep them longer!

I wish that also. I still have three days to use the tokens from my wishlist spend-fest, but unless there's something must-have for me from new releases in the next three days, what would I spend them on? My wishlist is down to things that came out since Feb. 1, and a single-digit number of things that I wishlisted that day while wrapping up my cart. It would be nice if there was some way to bank them for the future, or share with friends, or something, rather than let them die.

a lot of my WL items were as much as 90% off. Most over 80%. Somehow my  common sense prevailed and I cleared my cart. Has my addiction to DAZ products finally been cracked? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

daveso said:

a lot of my WL items were as much as 90% off. Most over 80%. Somehow my  common sense prevailed and I cleared my cart. Has my addiction to DAZ products finally been cracked? 

Probably not. laugh

barbult said:

daveso said:

Probably not. laugh

you're probably right, although, as you've witnessed, I'm rendering some of them.  My next big one is Ultrascenery 2 though. That is on the top of my list.  

This discussion has been closed.