There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

There are always so many deals going on at once, it's really hard to keep up!  Has anyone seen a gift card sale in all of this?  I haven't noticed one in a long time, and my credit is all used up.

There was one on Monday for 20% off, scroll up and you see the posts 

It wasn't advertised as a gift card sale. It was a sale on the whole cart, without the normal gift card exclusion, but you had to buy three items to get the 20% discount.

Oh wow, 3 items?  That's unfortunately beyond my wallet.  Here's hoping for a regular gift card sale!

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Fae3D said:

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

There are always so many deals going on at once, it's really hard to keep up!  Has anyone seen a gift card sale in all of this?  I haven't noticed one in a long time, and my credit is all used up.

It wasn't advertised as a gift card sale. It was a sale on the whole cart, without the normal gift card exclusion, but you had to buy three items to get the 20% discount.

Oh wow, 3 items?  That's unfortunately beyond my wallet.  Here's hoping for a regular gift card sale!

The trick with these is to look for the cheapest possible qualifying items; and if it's an older selection to qualify for the sale, remember that you can re-buy items too.  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited February 15

Robert Freise said:

https://www.daz3d.com/488-pista-evo

Editorial License angryangryangry

...really disappointed when these take one of the two weekly PC...I mean...Daz+ item slots particularly when the other one isn't all that interesting.  

Fae3D said:

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

...maybe next month (MM)? 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Fae3D said:

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

I used 150 euro, which translated to $155 and change. With that I got the items for free and $177 in store credit

• Lightning Deals prices have not been accurate lately last two orders what I was charged in checkout was more than on the lightning deals and products pages 

edited February 17

...yeah, I've noticed that. I just put an item in that was listed at 2.91$ and in the cart it shows 3.64$  Grabbing it anyway as there are only 6 min left and it is rare I actually see something I like or can use in the Lightning Deals. Usually it is just texture sets for clothing I don't have,, horror/monster content I'm not interested in, or Gen4 era stuff.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...yeah, I've noticed that. I just put an item in that was listed at 2.91$ and in the cart it shows 3.64$  Grabbing it anyway as there are only 6 min left and it is rare I actually see something I like or can use in the Lightning Deals. Usually it is just texture sets for clothing I don't have,, horror/monster content I'm not interested in, or Gen4 era stuff.

new items updated in Lightning Deals and again the prices are higher in checkout interested but think sales will get sick of me requesting refund of difference which have requested few times now, makes me wonder about the other discount deals where you get bonus discount off for buying certain amount or specific item I'm not good at working those out

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

it certainly stops me buying bigger items in lightning deals, and I think very hard about lower price ones, mostly ditch

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

When the price goes up in the cart, I usually abandon the sale. It's all DO stuff. It'll come up again.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335
    edited February 17

ve a $10 voucher banner as a "thank you from Tara". That's not too shabby.

Absolutely love the Succubus skins and head morph, and the pro bundle was around the same as buying the parts I individually wanted, although I think it was still rather pricey. Not the sort of purchase I'd make often.

Not keen on the outfits at all - not a quality thing, I just don't do skimpy. I guess on that I have a different concept of Succubi/Incubi and sensuality.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Don't miss the new banner, Extra 30% off three items (only gift cards excluded)

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

PerttiA said:

At this point Gift Card is the only banner I am waiting for :P

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

PerttiA said:

I saw it, but there's nothing I want enough with current promotion and without additional stacking.

I guess I'm subconsciously preparing for March Madness now. No matter how often people say it's March Mehness (just like PA sale back in September), there are always some really good offers worth waiting for.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

I saw it, but there's nothing I want enough with current promotion and without additional stacking.

I guess I'm subconsciously preparing for March Madness now. No matter how often people say it's March Mehness (just like PA sale back in September), there are always some really good offers worth waiting for.

I used it to get the Tara 9 HD Succubus Pro Bundle for $30.37 together with the Vick for Victoria 9 HD Bundle for $18.49 and the Demos Warrior Bundle for $4.53 when I used 8 tokens.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    PerttiA said:

It wasn't present when I shopped new releases that morning, and by the time I visited again a few minutes before turnover, there wasn't time to use it.

An extra 30% off might've turned a "pass" into a "buy" - Daz is sabotaging its own sales here. Zero dollars from me yesterday could have been some non-zero amount if Daz had simply posted the day's offers when the store turned over instead of waiting until later in the day.

And it makes me less likely to buy anything today since I'm now thinking "Meh, would've been cheaper yesterday - I'll just wait for it to hit 90% off sometime."
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

wow Luthbel's Ad-Gladius looks nice, contemplating, I get it 44% off with the texture addon

almost makes up for the AUD increase

edited February 19

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

I used it to get the Tara 9 HD Succubus Pro Bundle for $30.37 together with the Vick for Victoria 9 HD Bundle for $18.49 and the Demos Warrior Bundle for $4.53 when I used 8 tokens.

I have no tokens (except for one that I'll likely let expire), so my price for Tara 9 Pro was nowhere near that good.

With tokens reintroduced, I see myself shopping less if the discounts take into account people having them. I don't mind the "get points for purchases", but when the points expire so quickly, it's a gamble of "pay a lot to maybe find something you want to discount in 4 days", and I'm not a gambler. Most stores that I'm aware of don't have such a short expiration day on their rewards/points program. Even my grocery store gives 2 months to use the points up. But, I guess, I only shop for groceries once a week, and most of us are in Daz store daily...

Post edited by joanna on

...OK there's a G9 character that finally has caught my eye: Dryanna [sigh].

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited February 19

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Yes a nice gesture. I got one but at least mine requires another $50  purchase and expires today; so, not particularly useful to me.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Out of curiosity, when does March Madness usually start? (I mean, March, obviously, but...)

Have to admit I'm curious as to what has everyone so anticipatory... 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited February 19

SilverGirl said:

Out of curiosity, when does March Madness usually start? (I mean, March, obviously, but...)

Typically the first week of March, and it will last the whole month with different deals every day.

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

SilverGirl said:

Typically the first week of March, and it will last the whole month with different deals every day.

Except that last year it started mid- to late February... and lasted, if I recall correctly, until mid-April with some flash returns even in May. :D

But yes, generally, it's a month-long event lasting whole March. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

joanna said:

Leana said:

SilverGirl said:

Except that last year it started mid- to late February... and lasted, if I recall correctly, until mid-April with some flash returns even in May. :D

Indeed, last year it started on February 21st and was extended till April 16th.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,916

I'm not expecting a lot out of March Madness this year, for the simple reason that I've mined out most of the catalog and the recent items that I haven't bought yet are unlikely to be on sale yet.  That said, it's traditionally been a great event for padding one's own library, although over the last few years it's also seemed to be the last hurrah for many older vendors. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

with the pricing as high as it is, MM is going to have to be some serious discounting for me to buy. I'm passing by 80% plus discounts now on most things. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Leana said:

joanna said:

Leana said:

SilverGirl said:

Indeed, last year it started on February 21st and was extended till April 16th.

Oh, so maybe tomorrow then (Tuesday after President's Day)

• Charlie Judge said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Yes a nice gesture. I got one but at least mine requires another $50  purchase and expires today; so, not particularly useful to me.

Yeah, mine had the same stipulation. It expired because there was nothing I could applying the voucher to that brought their price to levels those items were over the past week. And that was with 8 tokens. So a nice gesture but at the wrong time for me to find a use for it.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

daveso said:

with the pricing as high as it is, MM is going to have to be some serious discounting for me to buy. I'm passing by 80% plus discounts now on most things. 

I already got burned on Xmas sale... there might be some deal that happens by accidential overlap like we had before but not getting hyped this time.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,916

daveso said:

So true.  The base prices for items and bundles in the store have hit ludicrous level even as the overall quality of many items, especially those made for dforce, has been decreasing, so I rarely even consider buying something until it hits at least 75% off.  Of course, I could go for many years just using the items in my existing library without ever duplicating assets, and I have still yet to see anything besides a toon figure out of G9 that I've actually been impressed with...         

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

SilverGirl said:

Have to admit I'm curious as to what has everyone so anticipatory... 

I think the madness has started. I just lost 19 tokens Saturday, because I couldn't find something both irresistible and unowned.

This discussion has been closed.