There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

I collected my cart of Daz+ items with $6 0ff $18 coupon, and that worked out to 94% off. I got stuff that interested me, so I'm happy with that. Next purchase will likely involve my other Daz+ coupon and we'll see how that turns out. 18 days to figure it out. I missed the deal that would have been perfect for me, so must wait for something else to arrive. Buying stuff here probably is an addictive behavior. I don't feel bad about it. I keep my spending under control. These days, $20/mo seems sensible to me. Sometimes it's less, other times more. Depends what's on offer.

It occurs to me that I might have a token now, but one token doesn't do that much. I won't spend enough to get more, but maybe it'll come in handy before it expires.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846
    edited February 12

How can I find out if I have tokens, or how many I have, without puting products into the cart?

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

How can I find out if I have tokens, or how many I have, without puting products into the cart?

I do not see another way to check. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

That was a crazy weekend. Used my remaining store credit on a cart with 23 items for $16.57 at 95% off (with just 1 token)

• Part of me is relieved that another day is passing without the New Things That I Must Have that I predicted after emptying my wishlist a few days ago. Part of me is sad to let all these tokens that I got from doing it just die sad, lonely little deaths.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Part of me is relieved that another day is passing without the New Things That I Must Have that I predicted after emptying my wishlist a few days ago. Part of me is sad to let all these tokens that I got from doing it just die sad, lonely little deaths.

At least your purse and credit card are getting a rest !!!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    daveso said:

a lot of my WL items were as much as 90% off. Most over 80%. Somehow my  common sense prevailed and I cleared my cart. Has my addiction to DAZ products finally been cracked? 

high five! I could have bought a number of items that are very nice, but that I don't really *need*, if I'm being honest. The discount would have been pretty high, but I resisted the temptation. Instead I bought only two items that actually add something new to my library. The discount wasn't as high (about 80%) but the price in the end was still fairly good, and I spent less overall.
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,190

For those looking for a gift card sale, can consider today offer of 2 released today gives 20% of cart.

felis said:

For those looking for a gift card sale, can consider today offer of 2 released today gives 20% of cart.

As if it wasn't tempting enough... wink 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

felis said:

I need a good gift card sale but that's a pretty steep buyin, especially when there is only one of today's new releases I am even mildly interested in. 

edited February 12

Charlie Judge said:

felis said:

I need a good gift card sale but that's a pretty steep buyin, especially when there is only one of today's new releases I am even mildly interested in. 

Two Todays New Releases and three Lunar Animals = $15.21 (without using tokens) and with that one can buy a giftcard up to $500 at 20% off...

Edit: Using my 150 eur prepaid card, I have $155,13 on it and with two tokens (ones I earn with the cart) the buy-in is $13.25 => I get the items for 'free' and $177.35 in store credit => $22.22 for free

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

felis said:

What offer? I don't see anything gift card.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,097

lou_harper said:

This one I think: 'Buy any 2 or more of Today’s 'New Year' New Releases to get an extra 20% off* your cart'

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Elor said:

lou_harper said:

This one I think: 'Buy any 2 or more of Today’s 'New Year' New Releases to get an extra 20% off* your cart'

Yes, usually there is a star (with tiny font) excluding gift cards, but not today.

Downloading the weekend spoils... 190 files / 40GB, added five pages to the Product Library. blush

Pleasantly surpriced to see so many older products having native DS installation files, even though not mentioned on the product page or readme.

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505

PerttiA said:

Downloading the weekend spoils... 190 files / 40GB, added five pages to the Product Library. blush

Pleasantly surpriced to see so many older products having native DS installation files, even though not mentioned on the product page or readme.

Plenty of G9 interactive licenses for me, cheapest they've been for a good while .... so I can make G9 games to go with all my G3 and G8 games (tumbleweeds roll past).

It's a sickness really and it needs treating!  I was all finished but added a few more yesterday and the "Kingdom of the Planet of the Galaxy of the Universe of the of the Apes" trailer made me buy https://www.daz3d.com/ape-world-bundle-with-dforce-hair-for-genesis-8-male

• Robert Freise said:

https://www.daz3d.com/488-pista-evo

Editorial License angryangryangry

Seriously, I am not remotely interested in sports car models but it annoys me. Is it time for FirstBastion to expand his Oncoming Traffic? Maybe whoever did the Lamborghini-esque models (I think they had Llama in the name) could do others. 

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Robert Freise said:

https://www.daz3d.com/488-pista-evo

Editorial License angryangryangry

Seriously, I am not remotely interested in sports car models but it annoys me. Is it time for FirstBastion to expand his Oncoming Traffic? Maybe whoever did the Lamborghini-esque models (I think they had Llama in the name) could do others. 

If one wants realistic looking ordinary cars, Daz store is (sadly) not the place to look for them, there are a few but most are either toonish or plain bad.
    One should check R-hub or CGtrader

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

felis said:

I meant to post my thanks yesterday evening - I hadn't spotted this at all. yes

I'd been waiting for a decent GC offer for a few weeks (I think missed the last one) because I was down to my last $10 so not buying anything since January.  The buy-in wasn't ideal, but I found a couple of things that were better than "meh" and it still gave me a significantly decent deal on the GC. Then I immediately went a little mad on the stacking sales and my (doubled) tokens from that buy--in and cleared some more items from my wishlist .

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Well... got 8 tokens to use today, but nothing really comboes well. Last hope in lightning deals.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Tomhip said:

Well... got 8 tokens to use today, but nothing really comboes well. Last hope in lightning deals.

Similar here, though less tokens (last weekend, I tried to spend them as they came). I might just grab the door buster I'm interested in and be done.

To be honest, I'm trying to limit my spend anyway (last weekend was baaaad in that regards), preparing for March Madness which, even when people complain about it, usually has at least some of the discounts that make you spend like... well, mad.

• Today is the last day for my truckload of tokens from my wishlist spendfest. I might pick up one or more of the doorbusters also.

• Nothing really grabs my attention. My Lightning Deals are back to being nothing I need/want. Maybe there will be something this coming weekend.

Nothing today, waiting for tomorrow and Friday

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

There are always so many deals going on at once, it's really hard to keep up!  Has anyone seen a gift card sale in all of this?  I haven't noticed one in a long time, and my credit is all used up.

Fae3D said:

There are always so many deals going on at once, it's really hard to keep up!  Has anyone seen a gift card sale in all of this?  I haven't noticed one in a long time, and my credit is all used up.

There was one on Monday for 20% off, scroll up and you see the posts 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

It wasn't advertised as a gift card sale. It was a sale on the whole cart, without the normal gift card exclusion, but you had to buy three items to get the 20% discount.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

PerttiA said:

Fae3D said:

Ah, that one wasn't a specific gift card sale, so I didn't notice it.  I really need just a straight up gift cards sale, without a bunch of buy-ins, but I guess I'll have to keep a sharp eye out for things like % off carts, too.  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.