Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

TJohn said:

Our beloved old golden retriever, Oakley passed away today. We are burying him next to the pond he loved so well.

So sorry, TJohn!

Dana 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

I think I changed my avatar to a St Patrick's day kitty.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited March 2022

TJohn said:

Our beloved old golden retriever, Oakley passed away today. We are burying him next to the pond he loved so well.

I'm sorry for your loss. But I'm sure he/she had a good life with you and you have many happy memories. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

oops I forgot to say I am sorry about the golden retriever and your loss of your beloved friend.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Many thanks for the sympathy. It helps me more than I can express.

• TJohn said:

Very sorry to read that.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

TJohn said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it hurts more when it's a close pet you've had for a long time, but the pain does subside eventually. Just remember all the time and memories you've build with them.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

We do have a feisty corgi puppy so she will be a great comfort. I have been considering a rescue kitten. Very easy to get one, as my cousin up the road is a foster mom for cats working with a local no-kill shelter. Nothing heals the loss of a pet like a new pet to share your love with. I don't know about the Rainbow Bridge, but it is a sweet thought, isn't it?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

Just did a bunch of surgery on my pedal steel to solve a problem that ended up having a much easier solution.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

@TJohn, bummer about the loss.  Old pets are always tough to lose.sad 

Go with the kittenenlightened

Gordig said:

Just did a bunch of surgery on my pedal steel to solve a problem that ended up having a much easier solution.

In other words, you climbed the mountain hand-over-hand, and found a road down the otherside.indecision(Doh!) 

edited March 2022

Musical Computer Case games:  I've been sitting here admiring my newly upgraded system, lights, colors, silence, higher speed, and much pride in a job at least tolerably well done.smiley​  But my mind wandered back over the last 3 or so years over how this configuration came to be.  It was MommaBear's original motherboard (named JANUS) that got the whole thing started.  

<long story omitted>  The summary of which is that the 300 series motherboard that was the original MommaBear has had many homes.  

1) An old HP Pavilion case replacing the original HP motherboard. (That case is currently serving as my bedroom computer, after having yet another recent upgrade)

2) A windowless ATX case. (currently occupied by PoppaBear with a 400-series board)

3) A windowed ATX case. (currently occupied by Titan aka: newMommaBear with a 500-series board)

4) Back to yet another old HP Pavilion case.indecision (previously occupied by George)

It seems she likes small dark places.surprise  But this gives me an opportunity to buy her a more suitable case someday and set up to start the hand-me-down process all over again.devil  Actually though, I'm waiting for a year or so before embarking on another major upgrade.  When the prices come down I'd like to play with some DDR5 memory and 600-series motherboards to try to really improve PoppaBear but for now I'm satisfied.  (I should be!  I have more personal computer power than I could ever possibly utilize properly.)blush  When I stop and remember what computers were like when I was 23 years old a half century ago... (*sigh... memories of ancient times*)

Actually I'm quite impressed with the speed of the newMommaBear(Titan).  I didn't think the jump from a 300 to 500 series board would be so noticeable.cool  Although RAM speed did go from 2666 to 3200 MHz.  But both CPUs are 6-core (i5-8600 6-thread vs i5-11400 12-thread)  But even PoppaBear's i7-10700 8-core, 16 thread CPU accesses RAM at 3200 MHz and is a top tier 400 series board and the new Momma seems noticeably faster than he is too(for standard stuff).  Cool!cool  That means that in order to stay head of the family, Poppa needs a boost.  Wheee... more shopping.yes

Oh..., the game?  George lost.  He's sitting in a cardboard box on the shelf, pouting.devil

Complaint:  After I was all done putting everything back in their proper places and cleaning up, I discovered that I had three screws left over.frown  Don't you hate when that happens?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I think I found an iOS app that somehow uses Daz figures in it.  Somehow it is an animate the figures.  Not as robust as DS.  I won't be paying their in app purchases for items I can get at the Daz store and probably already have them at this rate?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Non-complaint; Tomorrow we will have 11 hours of daylight already smiley

Finally finished my arrangement. Now I just need to learn how to play it.

Definitely some parts I need to re-record, even before I think about doing any time or pitch correction. It's rough, but, as I said in the video description, "pedal steel is hard, yo".

Why is it when one is a kid, one idealizes being an adult?  When that one actually becomes an adult, they find out that adulting is hard?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Sfariah said:

Why is it when one is a kid, one idealizes being an adult?  When that one actually becomes an adult, they find out that adulting is hard?

Is that where “Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true” comes from? 

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

Is that where “Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true” comes from? 

LOL!  so true. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

TJohn said:

We do have a feisty corgi puppy so she will be a great comfort. I have been considering a rescue kitten. Very easy to get one, as my cousin up the road is a foster mom for cats working with a local no-kill shelter. Nothing heals the loss of a pet like a new pet to share your love with. I don't know about the Rainbow Bridge, but it is a sweet thought, isn't it?

After we had to put down my emotional support kitten several months back I thought the world was ending and I could never love another animal like I did that one. My kids got me a kitten for Christmas because they knew how much it meant to me and I love her to death and she's just what I needed to get my spirits back up. I'd also suggest getting the kitten.

Apparently loading the texture for an item will not load the item.  I was trying to add Betty Bunny ears to G8.1 but for some reason I was trying to load a texture file for the ears not the actual geograph ears.

I hate renting movies as I never get to finish it in time.

I got good news and I got bad news.

Oh I got my old laptop back but the charger got lost.    I can't use it as the battery is dead now.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Sfariah said:

Oh I got my old laptop back but the charger got lost.    I can't use it as the battery is dead now.

Well you could get a new charger for it .......then you could charge it and use it

carrie58 said:

Sfariah said:

Well you could get a new charger for it .......then you could charge it and use it

I just don't know where to get one, as my amazon account is messed up.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Sfariah said:

carrie58 said:

Sfariah said:

What about a Walmart?

carrie58 said:

Sfariah said:

carrie58 said:

Sfariah said:

What about a Walmart?

I will check it out hopefully soon as I also need fish food. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

i'm okay!  I just had trouble logging into the forums the past few days.   The "sign in" page kept freezing.

Everyone else in my house loads the dishwasher like absolute lunatics.

This discussion has been closed.