Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited March 2022

Life:  Yesterday was another rare trip uptown.  Dentist appointment at noon.  My usual ride(s) were unavailable so I had to take a bus or Uber both ways for the 15 minute ride.  Uber's expensive for me.  About $17+$5 tip each way.  Of course, the bus is cheap, especially for people of the ancient persuasion.  But there's only one bus that passes through my village, at 8:10AM and doesn't return until 3:30 PM.  And I'd have to hang around the dentist office or walk another half mile to get to any needed shopping like drugstore or big grocery store and then I'd have to carry all that crap until the bus came, so no bus.  Yeah, I could take an Uber or Taxi around the city, but I was already spending about $45** for transportation on top of what is going to be an expensive dentist visit after my insurance company denies 60% of my claim.angry   Also, I don't feel comfortable riding that particular bus (weird regulars).no  So, when it came time to get out of bed to catch the bus, I didn't.  It gave me time to shower, cut my hair, shave, and thoroughly clean my mouth & teeth.  Which I'm sure the dental hygenist appreciated.smiley   

Speaking of the dental hygenist...  Because of the Covid situation I'd cancelled a couple of appointments so it had been a long time (over a year) and apparently my regular hygenist had retired and this young chipper girl was fresh meat for me to tell my stories to.  Yay, a new pair of ears.devil  I recited to her my rendition of Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" poem and she was totally unfamiliar with it.surprise  I mean, like, I thought every American highschooler was told about Lewis Carroll and the Alice in Wonderland stories and the poem Jabberwocky.  What are they teaching kids these days.  I'd have expected a college trained medical technician to know who Lewis Carroll was but she was totally in the dark.sad  What else don't they teach kids these days?  This is what disappoints me so much these days, the world-ignorance of people around me.sad  So many times I find that I say something about what I think is common knowlege and all I get is blank stares.(*sigh*).  It's getting to the point of questioning the need to talk at all, just point and hand over money.frown  But I'm afraid cash money is going the way of the Dodo too. (Yes, even Lewis Carroll spoke of Dodos.)

Non-complaint:  Because I rarely get up town, I'm kept away from my source of candy (cheap discounts at the drugstore).  But given the opportunity, I snarf up bags of chocolate bits of various types and triumphantly carry my hoard back home to be munched on at the appropriate times.  Small individually wrapped bits are easier to ration than big chocolate bars that have to be broken open.  Because, once opened they are fair game and unfortunately irresistable.  Yeah, individually wrapped chocolate bits are more expensive, but they are not irresistable (It's the bare chocolate.  Exposed bare chocolate flesh makes me hungry-horny).  But since it's near Easter, as a once a year splurge, I bought a couple Cadbury Chocolate Eggs, two bags of Dove solid dark chocolate candies and my traditional two 5 inch, Dove Solid Dark Chocolate Bunnies.(Mmmm... chocolate bunnies)heart  (Anybody else go for the ears first?)

And of course, the Burger King was only two blocks away so after the dentist I treated myself to American junk food.  A "Whopper Meal".  Oof, too much food but it was good and the fries were as I remembered.  Burger King makes the best fries.yes   (Wheee... junk food!)

Complaint:  Has anybody else noticed that Cadbury Eggs are shrinking?frown  I know they used to be bigger.sad  Either that or I am now seven and a half feet tall.indecision

**Note:  Back when I was going to college I used to fly from Buffalo, NY to Melbourne, Florida for about $100.  I used to marvel when my father would tell me stories of prices when he was young.  Now I'm the one telling the stories of deceptively low prices.  So, I was in college in the '60s & '70s, that was 50 years ago so that $100 really cost more than $600 in today's money.  But whenever I realize that I have to spend $50 just to make a round-trip to the city only 10 miles away I get a bit freaked out.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Overzealousness !

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

LeatherGryphon said:

Overzealousness !

Yup, methinks so too ... But well, hell: WHHHHEEEEEEEEE!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

I love Octane Render but I wish it didn't crash so much crying

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

I'm getting sleepy.  I was trying to find a good room prop.  I need it for a background with a bird cage and canary.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Sfariah said:

I'm getting sleepy.  I was trying to find a good room prop.  I need it for a background with a bird cage and canary.

What type of room?  Can you give a descripyion of what you want?

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

an old fashion kitchen circa 1910's I think. 

edited March 2022

Sfariah said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

Like this: https://www.daz3d.com/pioneer-kitchen

or this: https://www.daz3d.com/french-style-shabby-chic-vol-2-kitchen

A similar room: https://www.daz3d.com/french-style-shabby-chic-vol01

Bird Cage: https://www.daz3d.com/chabby-chic-bird-cage

Canary in this pack: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/songbird-remix-pet-shop/146145/

A later simple kitchen: https://www.daz3d.com/shabby-chic-kitchen

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

I was once again reminded that I'm getting too old, or at least there is a generational gap when talking with people 20 years younger than me...

Had a Teams meeting where the supplier (candidate) of our new ERP was presenting some new ideas after I had turned down the previous version for not being practical and/or user friendly...
    When after the presentation, I was asked to comment and I said "So far I cannot find anything to make mock of", they thought I was in fact making mock of the new idea... 

I knew it, when they banned disciplining kids in the middle of the 70's, nothing good would come out of it wink

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

Like this: https://www.daz3d.com/pioneer-kitchen

or this: https://www.daz3d.com/french-style-shabby-chic-vol-2-kitchen

A similar room: https://www.daz3d.com/french-style-shabby-chic-vol01

Bird Cage: https://www.daz3d.com/chabby-chic-bird-cage

Canary in this pack: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/songbird-remix-pet-shop/146145/

A later simple kitchen: https://www.daz3d.com/shabby-chic-kitchen

I have the first three and the pet shop birds. I am not sure if I can get that bird cage before the project is due. 

Weirdest thing;  I use (an old) Intuos 4 tablet when I draw or do painting stuff,  and Substance Painter requires you use Windows Ink to use a stylus with it.  So I switch it on and ANY TIME I touch the tablet no matter how lightly or briefly, the "Loading Circle" thing pops up like what will happen if you tap and hold the stylus to the tablet, which then brings up a context menu and stuff.

I've tried everything I can think of in both Wacom Tablet Settings and Windows Ink's settings,  nothing changes it.  It's not lethal or anything, but it gets very distracting especially when trying to do precision work since it obscures what I'm trying to do.

My drivers aren't 100% up to date, so I might as well back up the one I'm currently using (I had to downgrade because of a bug but never got around to updating it again since then)  then see if it still happens.  If it still goes down then I guess its the tablet model I'm using xD  Which I got yeaaars ago and am still using!

edited March 2022

Nope, updated to latest drivers and it still does it  :/

Kinda/sorta found a way to avoid it though - quickly make a brush stroke swiping to the side and it doesn't pull it up, but if it's tapping down even for a moment it pulls that circle thing up.  I'm not really used to that drawing/painting in Photoshop CS5/3DCoat/zBrush  but aaah.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 130624.jpg
    338 x 309 - 16K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited March 2022

This was fun to make :>

Screenshot 2022-03-24 193606.jpg
    1341 x 950 - 201K
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 193704.jpg
    1287 x 931 - 181K
    Post edited by Rezca on

Noncomplaint: Duke advances to the elite 8

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

Rezca said:

Weirdest thing;  I use (an old) Intuos 4 tablet when I draw or do painting stuff,  and Substance Painter requires you use Windows Ink to use a stylus with it.  So I switch it on and ANY TIME I touch the tablet no matter how lightly or briefly, the "Loading Circle" thing pops up like what will happen if you tap and hold the stylus to the tablet, which then brings up a context menu and stuff.

I've tried everything I can think of in both Wacom Tablet Settings and Windows Ink's settings,  nothing changes it.  It's not lethal or anything, but it gets very distracting especially when trying to do precision work since it obscures what I'm trying to do.

Out of curiosity, have you tried using your Intuos with C4D? Back when I was spending most of my time on a Surface Pro, I found it quite easy to use a pen in C4D for many tasks. DS is a disaster with any kind of touchscreen/pen interface, though.

edited March 2022

Gordig said:

Rezca said:

Out of curiosity, have you tried using your Intuos with C4D? Back when I was spending most of my time on a Surface Pro, I found it quite easy to use a pen in C4D for many tasks. DS is a disaster with any kind of touchscreen/pen interface, though.

Only while using the sculpting tools when making terrains,  it seems unaffected.  Should add the Photoshop version is  CS5,  it's pretty old.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Charlie Judge said:

...complaint: besideds the above, overall #1 Gonzaga lost to  #4 Arkansas 

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: That means Duke will face Arkansas instead of having to go against Gonzaga.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

As someone from a rival school living in Little Rock, it does not please me that Arkansas advanced.  Well, except my team beat Arkansas in the SEC tournament, so by the transitive property, my team beat Gonzaga - if only the transitive property held in sports.

edited March 2022

Well worked on a small scene to put the newly painted dino in,  but I don't know - I'm not as happy with this one for some reason,  maybe it's missing something? 

Also a second take on it with one of the others I painted, which is still my favorite :>

tyrannforest23.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 698K
    tyrannforest23b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 686K
    Post edited by Rezca on

Blue.yes   What else for a king!

edited March 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

Blue is good!  

dino2.png
    639 x 359 - 424K
    dino1.png
    639 x 359 - 370K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

LeatherGryphon said:

Why...purple, of course!

Dana 

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Why...purple, of course!

Dana 

The color of royalty!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited March 2022

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: That means Duke will face Arkansas instead of having to go against Gonzaga.

...last I wish to see is Duke - Kansas Championship final [*yawn*].  Kind of like Manchester United and Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

If my Badgers and Marquette go down in the torunament, I pull for one or two of the "cinderella" underdogs to advance.  Last good one was when surprising #9 seed Wichita Shockers made it all the way to the Final Four in 2013.

This year: It's #15 St. Peters Peacocks and #11 Iowa State Cyclones (the latter who took my Badgers out of the dance).

Badgers won only a single national championship back in 1941 and closest they came to a repeat was in 2015, losing to Duke by 5 after leading most of the second half. . The game was marred by a highly controversial call that the ball went out of bounds off a Wisconsin player which gave Duke the ball with under two minutes to go in the game after which they (Duke) scored a 3 to make it a 5 point lead.  Later it was admitted it was an incorrect call. and Wisconsin should have retained possession. 

/sports

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I just got logged off of the forums while browsing it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Sfariah said:

I just got logged off of the forums while browsing it.

Yeah, it seems to be starting to do that again.

Dana 

edited March 2022

Complaint'plaint:  So export out the MilDragon 2 and find that not only does it lack the joints for bendy wing fingers the Dragon 3 has (It's been a long time so I forgot aaah.)  but the weights on the wings are kinda messed up...  

At least this won't be as tough to fix as Imported Clothing,  but still... These kinds of issues with the Bridge shouldn't even be a thing to begin with :/

dragwingoops.png
    755 x 589 - 295K
    Post edited by Rezca on

Where did I put that computer mouse?

• You may enter the Lair of the Book Wyrm but please make sure to return your books to the Librarian.  You don't want to make him mad.

(For the record, he's steaming water in the pipe, not smoking)

This discussion has been closed.