Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

Hmmm...  Isn't that the definition of "progress"?  i.e. Fixing weighty problems.devil

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited March 2022

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: You get at least part of your wish. St Peters just beat Perdue to advance to the elite 8.

And now on to the UNC game. Fingers crossed -- Hoping to see a Duke vs UNC rematch in the final 4 game

Edit: Update: UNC advances,  Yay! smiley

The clock has struck midnight for "Cinderella" team St. Peters; but they did really well to get as far as they did. 

So, a Duke vs UNC rematch is coming up. smiley

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    ...well it's baseball season. No dog in the fight and don't really care about any of the teams. If Purdue made it I would be pulling for them as they are Big Ten.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm...  Isn't that the definition of "progress"?  i.e. Fixing weighty problems.devil

If only some progress could be made on those Bridges cheeky

I know the source is up on GitHub but I don't know anything about the languages involved so I wouldn't be able to do a thing xD  Except maybe make things worse laugh

...well a totally wonderful day here today.  Made it to 70° for the first time this year.  Went to my favourite cafe for a big americano, then to my usual hangout to bask in the sun and warmth.

Meanwhile In Wisconsin, it was 30² F in Milwaukee and 28° F in my old college town (the low tonight there will be 11° F).  

Yeah, there was a reason I left and moved out here.

edited March 2022

And it's up yay! 

Post edited by Rezca on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Non-complaint; Bought one Asus RTX 3060 12GB for 500eur (24%VAT included). Picking it up maybe for the weekend smiley

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

I am riding the bus again! Problem is I'm thirsty and no drinking is allowed on the bus.  That includes coffee and water.

PerttiA said:

Non-complaint; Bought one Asus RTX 3060 12GB for 500eur (24%VAT included). Picking it up maybe for the weekend smiley

ohh nice!

I forgot what I was going to complain about so I will complain that I am tired.

edited March 2022

I forgot what I was going to complain about so I will complain that I am tired.

edit: I think I remembered something.  Apparently ZBrush isn't good for helping with English homework.  So why did I open it up?

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Any idea how I can get the SubDragon Expansion product to work in D|S?  Since the ReadMe says I need to run an update file that's not actually included in the download from the content library or install manager  :(

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited March 2022

PerttiA said:

Wheee...  that's pretty good. Congrats!yes   I got my ASUS Tuf-Gaming RTX-3060 12GB card  for my "PoppaBear" machine several months ago after qualifying in a NewEgg drawing.  Mine cost me about $550 (US) after I discounted about $85 for the unwanted motherboard they forced me to buy also.  And that unwanted motherboard eventually became BabyBear and ended up with me spending  $800 more to make another decent computer out of it (without a graphics card).frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

LeatherGryphon said:

PerttiA said:

Wheee...  that's pretty good. Congrats!yes   I got my MSI RTX-3060 12GB card  for my "PoppaBear" machine several months ago after qualifying in a NewEgg drawing.  Mine cost me about $550 (US) after I discounted about $85 for the unwanted motherboard they forced me to buy also.  And that unwanted motherboard eventually became BabyBear and ended up with me spending  $800 more to make another decent computer out of it (without a graphics card).frown

They also had a sale on RTX cards (20% off), even with the prices being significantly reduced just over a week ago, now a 3090 that cost over 3000eur before, was just 1999eur (VAT 24% included)...

I could have bought one for 20eur cheaper, but that was longer model with three fans and I liked the shorter two fan version better.

I wonder if what's happening, is somehow connected to the sudden reduction in prices and incresed availability.

Non complaint; 13 hours of daylight tomorrow smiley

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

World's Easiest Riddle:

What looks like a dog?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited March 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

starionwolf said:

i almost bought a character for Genesis 8.  My issue with her is that her legs seem to be a bit long in proportion to the rest of her body.

Leg length is shrinkable.enlightened 

I was looking at Minami HD and hair for Genesis 8.  ah, it just dawned on me that whoever did the promotional renders might have lenghtened her legs to giver her an anime look.  Either that or the lightning and camera makes her legs look really long.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

TJohn said:

World's Easiest Riddle:

What looks like a dog?

Ummm...a dog?

Dana 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

starionwolf said:

LeatherGryphon said:

starionwolf said:

i almost bought a character for Genesis 8.  My issue with her is that her legs seem to be a bit long in proportion to the rest of her body.

Leg length is shrinkable.enlightened 

I was looking at Minami HD and hair for Genesis 8.  ah, it just dawned on me that whoever did the promotional renders might have lenghtened her legs to giver her an anime look.  Either that or the lightning and camera makes her legs look really long.

I just looked and I don't think they look extraordinarily long.  Some factors...no shoes and high cut swimsuit, and they are not as shapely as many, which makes them appear longer and spindly.  Most of the images don't even show the entire legs anyway. 

Dana

TJohn said:

World's Easiest Riddle:

What looks like a dog?

a puppy! 

I am at my doctor appointment.  I'm waiting for the doctor to do some paperwork I need.

332909E0-9185-4990-8369-E6B46AC3B832.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    CD5016DE-52F1-4E1C-A49F-25A612834C01.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

Apparently Ivar's won't put someone at the register unless they're overly chatty. 

edited March 2022

...they still in business? I remember Ivar's when I first moved to Seattle 42 years ago. Back then Ivar Haglund owned the iconic Smith Tower and had a salmon shaped windsock flown from the flagpole on top. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

There are a few locations near where I live, including one just down the street from one of the studios I teach at, so I often have lunch there before work. 

I think that I want to go to bed soon.  Maybe it is the time of day?  Or maybe it is the medication I just took?  Or maybe it is both the fact is it night time and I just took medication to help me sleep?  or maybe it is something else?

edited March 2022

My wyvern showing off his new wing looks. Now they can sport the red upper surface texture like they do in my drawings of him! :)

I don't think this pic is gallery-worthy just yet, but it wasn't my intention to actually make it a scene at first - I just wanted to get a picture that showed the new effect~

Also I really need to get into 3DCoat or Substance Painter and get a proper paint job for him - the current texture is basically just a Photoshop thing and it really shows, particularly where UV seams are.

Wyvern 2b_0001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 817K
    Post edited by Rezca on

...sweet.

kyoto kid said:

...sweet.

...I was hoping to move to Octane 4 but then they went subscription. Really like the idea their Out of Core rendering. Also wouldn't have to worry about my Titan-X being declared obsolete (Maxwell has been in depreciated status since late 2020) or losing a noticeable chunk of VRAM to simulate RTX for Iray.

edited March 2022

kyoto kid said:

...I was hoping to move to Octane 4 but then they went subscription. Really like the idea their Out of Core rendering. Also wouldn't have to worry about my Titan-X being declared obsolete (Maxwell has been in depreciated status since late 2020) or losing a noticeable chunk of VRAM to simulate RTX for Iray.

They do still offer a perpetual but it's one of them "Maintenence Fee" deals if I'm reading it right.  High upfront initial cost then another big chunk of cash to keep getting updates after a year's passed. Not sure if it offers this Out-of-Core service though.... It mentions a couple services in the 'Maintenance' benefits which you of course lose access to if you don't pay up by the end of the term...

Though I ALSO JUST NOTICED when looking up Octane's store to double-check the price that they recently'ish added a benefit to subscription users where once a month you get a free pack of KitBash3D's asset kits. And that, is a pretty huge deal since those are $100 ~ $200 each and are pretty high quality content packs.

Apparently I missed two handouts so far,  but got to claim this month's 'freebie'  -  "Utopia"

Anyway what you said about not wanting to use Octane  was kinda what I felt when I subscribed to Cinema 4D finally and for the first time in years being able to use a current version of the program, and went to check out how much Vray cost since I'd been using that for a very long time only to find they stopped doing perpetuals and their only option was an $80 a month(!!!) subscription.  Since I went to check on Octane, I went to check on Vray too and yep they're still sub-only and still $80 a month minimum. Oh well!

Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.