• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited March 2022

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: Duke advances to the elite 8

...complaint: besideds the above, overall #1 Gonzaga lost to  #4 Arkansas 

Noncomplaint: That means Duke will face Arkansas instead of having to go against Gonzaga.

...last I wish to see is Duke - Kansas Championship final [*yawn*].  Kind of like Manchester United and Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

If my Badgers and Marquette go down in the torunament, I pull for one or two of the "cinderella" underdogs to advance.  Last good one was when surprising #9 seed Wichita Shockers made it all the way to the Final Four in 2013.

This year: It's #15 St. Peters Peacocks and #11 Iowa State Cyclones (the latter who took my Badgers out of the dance).

Badgers won only a single national championship back in 1941 and closest they came to a repeat was in 2015, losing to Duke by 5 after leading most of the second half. . The game was marred by a highly controversial call that the ball went out of bounds off a Wisconsin player which gave Duke the ball with under two minutes to go in the game after which they (Duke) scored a 3 to make it a 5 point lead.  Later it was admitted it was an incorrect call. and Wisconsin should have retained possession. 

/sports

Noncomplaint: You get at least part of your wish. St Peters just beat Perdue to advance to the elite 8.

And now on to the UNC game. Fingers crossed -- Hoping to see a Duke vs UNC rematch in the final game

Edit: Update: UNC advances,  Yay! smiley

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Fyredrygyon said:

You may enter the Lair of the Book Wyrm but please make sure to return your books to the Librarian.  You don't want to make him mad.

(For the record, he's steaming water in the pipe, not smoking)

Hoard of Books! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: You get at least part of your wish. St Peters just beat Perdue to advance to the elite 8.

And now on to the UNC game. Fingers crossed -- Hoping to see a Duke vs UNC rematch in the final game

...that  would be like a "Subway Series". Maybe exciting for those who live in New York City, meh for the rest of the country.

Go St. Petes.. 

Rezca said:

Fyredrygyon said:

You may enter the Lair of the Book Wyrm but please make sure to return your books to the Librarian.  You don't want to make him mad.

(For the record, he's steaming water in the pipe, not smoking)

Hoard of Books! 

...yeah, I'm kind fo like that with my library. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited March 2022

In a couple of my jobs, I became the defacto librarian for technical manuals and computer software media & documentation.  At one job I even claimed an 8 foot square room, cleaned it out, filled it with bookcases & drawers, and carefully organized everything.enlightenedyes I was so proud of it.heart  But, it didn't stay organized very long.crying  Despite knowing how libraries work, and despite the "Rules" posted on the door, the engineers, technicians, and secretaries, and worse of all the bosses, just treated my corporate library as a personal miscellaneous-drawer like everyone has in the kitchen.angry  But for one brief shining moment, one could enter the library, knowing that your software or document or even special cables were in there, neatly organized and easy to find.  All they were required to do was mark down what was taken and return it to me when done so that I can put it back exactly where it belongs.  I don't mind the not returning as much as I do the not know who in the hello  has the software box for "Mathematica" or who has volume 3 of the HP-UNIX systems manual, and I have to run around trying to track it down.

I also often ended up as keeper of the parts.  Cables, spare parts, auxillary parts, screws, clips, etc.  I was the guy who, with his own money, bought many variously sized heavy plastic zip-lock bags and small parts boxes, to organize the hundreds of items for easy retrieval.  I loved being organized.  But I know that when I left, NOBODY kept it up.  Ask me if I care anymore.  That company doesn't exist anymore, I do!cheeky  I just like to rag about it.devil

I could have used a "librarian" like in your picture.smiley  Don't make me send my enforcer after you.  Wah-ha-hadevil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited March 2022

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...that  would be like a "Subway Series". Maybe exciting for those who live in New York City, meh for the rest of the country.

Go St. Petes.. 

Certainly would be exciting to those of us in North Carolina. Not sure who I want to win the UNC vs St Pete game. Normally I would cheer for UNC but a St. Pete win might make it easier for the Blue devils if they get to the Final Four.

Go Blue Devils

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

I got a banana so I can use it as a snack!

94BEB8AC-3F07-4284-B347-3B1F7D16D139.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 4M

I got an idea for a scene but once I sat down to try making it things didn't work out as I imagined them. Mostly in that they didn't fit onto the screen/canvas the way I imagined. It's going to need some adjustments I guess!

Rezca said:

I got an idea for a scene but once I sat down to try making it things didn't work out as I imagined them. Mostly in that they didn't fit onto the screen/canvas the way I imagined. It's going to need some adjustments I guess!

Sometimes I wonder if God has thoughts like that when he looks down at what we've been doing with our gift.  I just hope the horns blow before the "adjustment" comes.frown

Aaaah,  weird that D|S refuses to acknowledge that I have the SubDragon.  It doesn't show up in the Install Tab, Smart Content, or any searches - but it's sitting right there in my Purchased Products library on the website.  So I have to do it manually oh well xD

Minor complaint in that the 'SubDragon Expansion'  seems to be unusable.  The ReadMe states  "In order for this product to properly load, you must run the Update Subdragon .BAT file. The shortcut is normally found on your desktop" but no such file exists in the manual download or in the Install Manager, and its one of the products that DAZ Studio itself fails to recognize as me owning  (Won't appear in any searches or libraries).   The extra morphs won't appear in the dragon's morph list without running that file first and that file doesn't exist  :/

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Go St. Petes.. 

Certainly would be exciting to those of us in North Carolina. Not sure who I want to win the UNC vs St Pete game. Normally I would cheer for UNC but a St. Pete win might make it easier for the Blue devils if they get to the Final Four.

Go Blue Devils

...don't forget Arkansas. Now wouldn't that be a fun wild Final Four with St. Pete's and Arkansas on one side and Miami and Houston on the other. "The battle of the underdogs".

Sfariah said:

I got a banana so I can use it as a snack!

...or take it to an art gallery duct tape it to a wall, and sell it for 100.000$.

...well another spring like day today with temps in the mid 60s and going to be near 70 tomorrow. 

Much nicer than in my old Hometown of Milwaukee where it's currently 28º F, windy, and occasionally snowing right now, or my former college town of Stevens Point where it's 27° F and will get down to 12° F tonight.

I think I see a green sproutling in my dirt.

030CAC9A-8097-4D21-9CE1-C45D47D946F1.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Go St. Petes.. 

Go Blue Devils

...don't forget Arkansas. Now wouldn't that be a fun wild Final Four with St. Pete's and Arkansas on one side and Miami and Houston on the other. "The battle of the underdogs".

I'm not forgetting Arkansas; but I'm really hoping the Blue Devils defeat them tonight. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

So they had this whole "March Madness" thing at my workplace. I guess they call it a "bracket". Everybody was supposed to guess what teams would win each game, and the winner would be whoever picked the most winning teams. I had an early lead because I had selected Colgate, and some other underdogs as the winners, and some of them won unexpectedly. Ultimately I failed because I had selected Colgate and Buffalo to be the two final teams that were left in the championship game. It turns out Buffalo is not an actual team, but just a city that some of the teams were playing in. So I had selected a non-existent team to win half of the games. And I guessed that the championship game would be played between Colgate and a nonexistent team, in which Colgate wins. My success was non-existent.

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Go St. Petes.. 

Go Blue Devils

Noncomplaint: Duke advances to the final 4. So, Arkansas (and Houston) are out and no chance of an all ubderdog final 4.  

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Still breathing. Thought someone would like to know. 

Just been sleepwalking through the threads. I'm fine. wink

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Glad to know!  I don't post a lot, but I'm here looking every day.

Dana

edited March 2022

Finally got something up!

The various DAZ Dragons and their respective release dates all on display :>

dazdragons.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 334K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

i almost bought a character for Genesis 8.  My issue with her is that her legs seem to be a bit long in proportion to the rest of her body.

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

Go St. Petes.. 

Go Blue Devils

Noncomplaint: Duke advances to the final 4. So, Arkansas (and Houston) are out and no chance of an all ubderdog final 4.  

..St. Pete's is still in it. 

starionwolf said:

i almost bought a character for Genesis 8.  My issue with her is that her legs seem to be a bit long in proportion to the rest of her body.

Leg length is shrinkable.enlightened 

Glad to hear TJohn is still breathing.yes

Also.  Hello to all other lurkers.  (*waves*)

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

..St. Pete's is still in it. 

Yep, they play tonight. We'll see if they or UNC advance to the final 4 to play against Duke. 

I hope to have good news in the near future.  I called a place to see if I can work there and they said I can after I get everything in order that needs to be order for me to work again.  Ooops a runon sentence?  Anyway I am hoping and praying that I can get back to work soon.

Apparently no matter how hard I try I can't get a USB-C end of a cable to fit in an iPhone SE (2020) .  But if I use a lighting cord it works.\

Guess it is similar to putting a round peg in a square hole or something like that.  Including the part I need to pay attention which device and cord I am using.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

The IRS will hire anybody who is over 18 years old and not a felon.

edited March 2022

Humm I pulled the SubDragon out of the DAZ Dragons scene earlier to work on the materials a bit.  Turned into a full thing of its own haha

And of course, inevitable fixing weighting issues that shouldn't be a thing but are indecision

SubDragonArmor0.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 146K
    Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.