Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

DanaTA said:

McGyver said:

So for like ever the people around here have been trying to get the town to install a "Wildlife Crossing" sign on the road through the wildlife sanctuary/ protected wetland area... Primarily because of Eastern Box Turtles and some ducks, but mostly the turtles.

So they finally installed one a couple of months ago and I guess I never looked at it until now...

Can you tell what's wrong with the sign?

Maybe the woods are full of Talking Heads or One Republic fans?

Maybe they thought we meant Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?... Still, I don't see a shell on his back.

Well... it's a nice looking sign... and I suppose it's the thought that counts.

What, you don't consider teenagers Wild Life?   laugh 

Dana 

Tasmanian Devil is about accurate.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Richard Haseltine said:

I'm surprised you are resisting the temptation to add the shell - run out of paint?

Actually a few months ago that was almost a possibility... Paint was really getting hard to find, especially spray paint... I believe it was due to a deep freeze in Texas that caused a lot of chemicals used in paint manufacturing to go bad.

But... it's a very dark road at night and I'd need to make a mask template that's the right size, so some measurements are necessary first, so...

I don't frequent BBQ joints enough to know the answer to this question, but maybe someone else can solve this puzzle...

The other day we got take out BBQ from a local place and among the sauces they provided, there were a couple of small containers marked "M M", containing an off white mayonnaise-like substance... I wasn't inclined to try it, nor was my wife or kids, but somehow it found its way into the fridge and when I went to throw it out today, I dumped it out into the sink and it fell out as a single gelatinous mass and bounced... not a flubber bounce, more like a jello bounce, but a decidedly non mayonnaise-like bounce nonetheless... if anything, it looked like gelatinous tofu.

I regret I washed it down the drain with infernally hot water without actually tasting it, but it was odorless and therefore I assumed possibly poisonous or something suspicious was going on... probably not, but why bother... if it doesn't smell weird why taste it?

My guess is it was probably meant to go with the sweet potatoe fries, because there were as many weird sauce containers as sweet potato fries.

I actually called the place, but they never answer the phone.

I'll either forget about this within the next 6 1/2 minutes or I'll hold onto this until I figure it out or die... both equally possible since I'm incredibly stubborn and incredibly easily distracted.

But I'm open to suggestions from BBQ experts as to what the hell that stuff was.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited May 2022

...Mustard Mayonnaise sauce 

Often served with steak sandwiches. (chives optional).

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I was kind of thinking something like that too... maybe maple or mustard, because of the color... but it didn't have any discernible smell... like you should be able to smell the mustard or maple syrup...?

You are probably right... the gelatinous natures threw me off though... not like any mayo I've seen, but maybe it congealed in the fridge.

I guess it might have been for the pulled pork sandwiches?

I'm accepting this as the answer, so I can focus on another mystery... WTF ate a crow (seems like crow, but there was no head) on the roof of my van.

There was frickin' feathers and bloody bird chunks all over the car and area around it...

Do crows just explode sometimes? It's weird because I'm familiar with seeing devoured animals... there doesn't seem to be much that was eaten aside from perhaps internal organs (I didn't find any) and maybe the head (unless whatever it was kept the head as a sovereign)... doesn't look like a cat, Fox or bird of prey kill... sometimes raccoons or possums will climb up on top of something like a shed to eat roadkill, but raccoons leave behind the head and wings usually and possums don't seem to waste much... seriously this looks more like the crow really pissed off whatever killed it.

I hope I don't have some kind of Freddy Kruger or Jason squirrel running around here now... technically it was only a matter of time until something like that occurred, but I'm not fancying having track down a psychotic serial killing squirrel.

I mean it might be fun for a little while, but these things go south really quick most of the time.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

Despite the black feather coloring, crows, unlike penquins, do not explode whether sitting on a TV or not.  Especially on a van.  It violates the stipulations of the Crow-Magna-Carta.

And who, goes around inspecting carrion for internal organs?surprise  Is this some specialty roadhouse delicacy?   Wheee... fermented rabbit adenoids.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Is today Wednesday?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

Yes for 4 more hours 

9 more here

LeatherGryphon said:

Despite the black feather coloring, crows, unlike penquins, do not explode whether sitting on a TV or not.  Especially on a van.  It violates the stipulations of the Crow-Magna-Carta.

And who, goes around inspecting carrion for internal organs?surprise  Is this some specialty roadhouse delicacy?   Wheee... fermented rabbit adenoids.frown

You haven't seen much until your driving down the road and see a guy in a police uniform gutting a deer freshly killed by a passing car on the shoulder of the road. It was me doing the gutting. I was on my way home from work and the car in front of me hit a deer and just kept driving. I stopped, and accessed the situation. Deer was clearly not getting up from this one so I did the deed with my sidearm and had highway patrol come down to give me a carcass pass, would look suspicious to write my own, and he helped me load it into the trunk of the car. What can you say, when you make barley enough money to eat and you see free food your gonna take it.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

the medical billing department never returned my voicemail.  I found one phone number and called them.  The radiology department does offer financial assistance for unemployed and uninsured people.

edited May 2022

...still been working with Uber on tracking down those fraudulent charges so my new card doesn't get dinged.  The only interactive transaction I made, prior to that Monday when I left my card at the establishment I was at, was at the store here. I've been keeping a close eye on my account since I received the new card for any abnormal charges, So far, there have been none.

This morning I came across an interesting couple articles in a tech journal I frequent regarding use of rather insidious PHP skimmers that steal card numbers when via a "webshell backdoor" when people are making a purchase at an online store . The first story focused on Magento, but i the second, two other, platforms WordPress and OpenCart were also hit last year.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

kyoto kid said:

...still been working with Uber on tracking down those fraudulent charges so my new card doesn't get dinged.  The only interactive transaction I made, prior to that Monday when I left my card at the establishment I was at, was at the store here. I've been keeping a close eye on my account since I received the new card for any abnormal charges, So far, there have been none.

This morning I came across an interesting couple articles in a tech journal I frequent regarding use of rather insidious PHP skimmers that steal card numbers when via a "webshell backdoor" when people are making a purchase at an online store . The first story focused on Magento, but i the second, two other, platforms WordPress and OpenCart were also hit last year.

Daz no longer uses Magento anyway.

I haven't heard back from America's best about my glasses.

Also I seem to have forgotten how to feed Vampire sims in sims 4.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

Does anybody know what day it is?  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

TJohn said:

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

It's today!  It's always today!

Dana 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

Dana 

And never tomorrow!

Charlie Judge said:

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

Dana 

And never tomorrow!

This is exactly why what we put off until tomorrow never actually gets done!   laugh

Dana 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

Charlie Judge said:

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Sfariah said:

Is today Wednesday?

Dana 

And never tomorrow!

Victor Borge might have called it "Threeday". 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 2022

For McGiver,

Do you need more pictures for ideas?

9197D525-2F35-4DBF-8A84-B3FE1A0578FA.jpeg
    750 x 1073 - 611K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

I tried going to the dentist today, but I gagged on their xray thing.  Since I couldn't get my xrays done, I need to go somewhere else.

This computer has a too small of a Hard Drive to use Daz studio on it with all the stuff installed.  (meaning a small bit of my stuff installed.)

edited May 2022

Sfariah said:

For McGiver,

Do you need more pictures for ideas?

Wow... I don't know why that never occurred to me... probably because I never cut peppers in half, I core them out, removing the Cthulhu-like insides, then slice them up... but I love that... thank you!

The Elder Ones live in peppers.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I checked the current weather conditions because I thought the air feels muggy.  The dew point is 67 degrees.  yuck

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

I was kind of thinking something like that too... maybe maple or mustard, because of the color... but it didn't have any discernible smell... like you should be able to smell the mustard or maple syrup...?

You are probably right... the gelatinous natures threw me off though... not like any mayo I've seen, but maybe it congealed in the fridge.

I guess it might have been for the pulled pork sandwiches?

I'm accepting this as the answer, so I can focus on another mystery... WTF ate a crow (seems like crow, but there was no head) on the roof of my van.

There was frickin' feathers and bloody bird chunks all over the car and area around it...

Do crows just explode sometimes? It's weird because I'm familiar with seeing devoured animals... there doesn't seem to be much that was eaten aside from perhaps internal organs (I didn't find any) and maybe the head (unless whatever it was kept the head as a sovereign)... doesn't look like a cat, Fox or bird of prey kill... sometimes raccoons or possums will climb up on top of something like a shed to eat roadkill, but raccoons leave behind the head and wings usually and possums don't seem to waste much... seriously this looks more like the crow really pissed off whatever killed it.

I hope I don't have some kind of Freddy Kruger or Jason squirrel running around here now... technically it was only a matter of time until something like that occurred, but I'm not fancying having track down a psychotic serial killing squirrel.

I mean it might be fun for a little while, but these things go south really quick most of the time.

umm is there a tree near where you park the van? Hawk might have had lunch in the tree ,and dropped stuff ......or just perched on te van

In other news My daughter is doing much better ,still in the ICU but improving , she has talked to dectectives and a victems advocate and they have assured her that he will not be getting out and the charges are being up graded to attempted 1st degree murder ,soo all good news. Her brother and sister have gone down to fix damage and get it ready for her to come home to ,and my brother has been like a hawk keeping an eye  on her at the hospital. So hurray I may be going down this week end .

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited May 2022

carrie58 said:

In other news My daughter is doing much better ,still in the ICU but improving , she has talked to dectectives and a victems advocate and they have assured her that he will not be getting out and the charges are being up graded to attempted 1st degree murder ,soo all good news. Her brother and sister have gone down to fix damage and get it ready for her to come home to ,and my brother has been like a hawk keeping an eye  on her at the hospital. So hurray I may be going down this week end .

It is great that she is doing better. If you do decide to go this weekend bear in mind that it is Memorial Day weekend and traffic will probably be bad. Drive carefully and stay safe. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

What he ^ said!

Dana

...ditto.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited May 2022

Charlie Judge said:

carrie58 said:

It is great that she is doing better. If you do decide to go this weekend bear in mind that it is Memorial Day weekend and traffic will probably be bad. Drive carefully and stay safe. 

Thank you soo much I didn't even think of that been kinda in a fog the last 2 weeks

Thank to Dana and KK too ,

Post edited by carrie58 on

carrie58 said:

umm is there a tree near where you park the van? Hawk might have had lunch in the tree ,and dropped stuff ......or just perched on te van

That's great to hear!  
    I'm glad she is getting better, and I'm glad she won't have to worry about him getting out either. 
    Have a safe trip going down there and send her our collective best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

This discussion has been closed.