Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

umm is there a tree near where you park the van? Hawk might have had lunch in the tree ,and dropped stuff ......or just perched on te van

In other news My daughter is doing much better ,still in the ICU but improving , she has talked to dectectives and a victems advocate and they have assured her that he will not be getting out and the charges are being up graded to attempted 1st degree murder ,soo all good news. Her brother and sister have gone down to fix damage and get it ready for her to come home to ,and my brother has been like a hawk keeping an eye  on her at the hospital. So hurray I may be going down this week end .

That's great to hear!  
    I'm glad she is getting better, and I'm glad she won't have to worry about him getting out either. 
    Have a safe trip going down there and send her our collective best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

Thank you  McGyver  I will

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I keep getting no caller ID phone calls lately.  Also that person isn't leaving a message.

F4CE4223-D165-4FC4-B23C-74CB39B5686B.jpeg
    739 x 605 - 132K

I want to know what the Gorn look like but I don't want to search it yet.  I am in the middle of watching this episode with the Gorn.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

A Gorn looks just the same as a Nrog, but inside out.indecision

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Sfariah said:

I want to know what the Gorn look like but I don't want to search it yet.  I am in the middle of watching this episode with the Gorn.

If you are actually watching TV with a Gorn, you should be wary... they don't respect Snack Boundaries and if you leave your TV Watching Snacks unattended for even a second, they are obligated to devour them... but other than the lizardy smell and their annoying laughter, they are okay to hang out with and have a great eye for spotting bloopers.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Complaint: DAZ email said a live stream even would happen at 14:00 MDT, which would be 12:00 pm today.  I click on the link, and it says it will start in 3 hours, at 4:00 pm.  Well, that would be 3:00 pm here on the East Coast, but that would put it at 1:00 pm Mountain time, not 4:00 pm.  So, what's the truth?  Their time zone math seems as screwy as their sale discount math.

I interrupted something so I could be ready to watch this...do I have to come back here at 3:00 pm, then at 4:00 pm?  Will it actually go on ahead of schedule, or later?    I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.

Dana

edited May 2022

DanaTA said:

Complaint: DAZ email said a live stream even would happen at 14:00 MDT, which would be 12:00 pm today.  I click on the link, and it says it will start in 3 hours, at 4:00 pm.  Well, that would be 3:00 pm here on the East Coast, but that would put it at 1:00 pm Mountain time, not 4:00 pm.  So, what's the truth?  Their time zone math seems as screwy as their sale discount math.

I interrupted something so I could be ready to watch this...do I have to come back here at 3:00 pm, then at 4:00 pm?  Will it actually go on ahead of schedule, or later?    I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.

Dana

Silly rabbit!  You've been here long enough to know that DAZ has trouble with timezones. frown 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Silly you!  You've been here long enough to know that DAZ has trouble with timezones. frown 

Time is relative cheeky

7:42 PM here 

Complaint:  Arghhh... , Keyboard issues.frown  Yes I have lots of keyboards, wired and wireless.  But today, my principle keyboard, the one I like the most, the one I use in front of my big 2K monitor that can be switched to any of four computers, has apparently died.sad  It's a wireless keyboard but I don't know if it's the WiFi dongle or the keyboard itself yet.  Although, the batteries are OK and by plugging in a wired keyboard into the KVM switch I have ruled out the 4-port KVM switch.yes

Part of the problem testing this is that I can't just yank a keyboard out if it has a wired connection because all my cables are neatly tied and routed behind immoveable furniture. Obsessive Compulsiveness bites me in the ass again.frown  Also, almost all my computers already have two keyboards and two mouses so adding more is sometimes problematic unless you unplug the redundant ones to be assured that the keyboard is found during bootup.  Oh, it's all doable but involves getting on my hands and knees again and possibly bringing out "George" who had been sent back to the shelf until there's a proper opening for him in the lab.  With George he's so simple and virgin that if I set him up on my lab bench it will be a snap to test keyboards and WiFi dongles.  OK, George.  It's your time to shine again.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

DanaTA said:

Dana

Don't forget there are 12 hours each in the AM and PM. So, 1400 MDT = 2 PM MDT which is 4 PM EDT here on the east coast. So, in this case it appears that the announced time is actually correct.

Charlie Judge said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Don't forget there are 12 hours each in the AM and PM. So, 1400 MDT = 2 PM MDT which is 4 PM EDT here on the east coast. So, in this case it appears that the announced time is actually correct.

Oops...in the first sentence, I reversed the calculation.  But after that, I was accurate.  The page on YouTube where the link leads is saying live in 2 hours.  It has been saying that for 20 minutes.  I have refreshed the page, but that doesn't change the message.  So, I guess YouTube isn't using a proper clock, either, just updating on the hour.  frown

I'm going to go have a snack and continue watching what I interrupted to see this live stream.  I hope it doesn't require things I don't own.  I will try to do a screen record, so I can work along with it at a later time.  that way, I can pause or rewind when something is tricky.  I do that with video tutorials.  Follow, then pause and try it, then continue, etc.

Dana 

edited May 2022

Keyboard resolution:  After an hour of futzing with cables and USB ports and multiple reboots, I gave up!cheeky  I found a Logitech "Unified" USB kbd/mouse receiver on Amazon for $20, but a whole new keyboard set including mouse, keyboard & unified receiver is only $29.  

Yes, I tried opening the keyboard but even after removing all the screws I could find, whether hidden or not, I still couldn't get it open.  What's more upsetting is that while removing screws I dropped one and it disappeared into a black hole.frown  I mean, literally a black hole in the bottom of the keyboard case, right next to where I found the screw is a square hole the perfect size to immediately swallow a tiny screw if it falls off your magnetized screwdriver.  The screw isn't lost, I can hear it in there planning all sorts of malicious things when I shake the keyboard.

So, making a long story short, I found an exact replacement (I really like that keyboard) but the manufacturer has discontinued it and Amazon has marked it at $29, half the price of a similar modern replacement.  Which, as far as I can tell, the only improvement is longer battery life, 24 months instead of 18.  Big whoop.  As if I'm going to complain about changing batteries.cheeky

New keyboard/Mouse set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAGXZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited May 2022

DanaTA said:

Dana

..where I live that would be 13:00 PDT  so on the East Coast it would be 16:00 as Massachusetts  is 2 hours ahead of Utah while Portland OR is one hour behind.

Now in Faribanks it would be 12:00 ADT as they are two hours behind Utah. In Hawai'i 10:00 HST as they don't observe daylight savings.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...springs in the spacebar on mine went out the other day (another reason to stay away form cheap keyboards).  Not necessarily crippling for now but annoying as it changes the touch. and I have to keep looking at the screen now & then to make sure words have spaces between them.

Looks like it's time to log onto eBay.

Apparently opening Prime Video on my TV and logging into my account isn't enough to finish watching Morbius.

unnamed.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M

I gave up!  Stream had issues, recording kept stopping for some reason. I just abandoned it.sad

Dana

...crikey, I just got three bad gateway errors on three different tabs linked to different Daz forums at the same time

Do I win a jackpot?

kyoto kid said:

...crikey, I just got three bad gateway errors on three different tabs linked to different Daz forums at the same time

Do I win a jackpot?

Nope. You need four in a row. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

kyoto kid said:

Do I win a jackpot?

Yes!! You win a deluxe model cheese straightener! 

kyoto kid said:

Do I win a jackpot?

You win a McGuffin.  Everybody wants it for some unknown reason, but other that it has no value. 

TJohn said:

kyoto kid said:

Do I win a jackpot?

Yes!! You win a deluxe model cheese straightener! 

Ooh, ooh,... "cheese straightener".yes   I need one of those.  I usually buy Kraft Velveeta cheese for making toasted cheese sandwiches or melting over a scolloped potato cassrole.  Unfortunately I was shopping with someone else at an Aldi's and they don't carry Kraft Velveeta, but try to foist some less friendly cheese spread that has no rigor.  Try to take it out of the box (even straight from the refrigerator) and it wobbles like some obscene square dildo.  And it's impossible to cut it because it sticks to the cheese slicer roller.  A simple wire would be less frustrating.  and once you do get it cut it either rolls up on the slicer roller or it welds itself back to the head of the cheesy dildo and is impossible to lift off without getting chunks of goo.angry

But a cheese straightener would be handy for getting that wobbly square dildo back into the box.devil

edited May 2022

Complaint: I have to wait 2 more weeks to go see my daughter , the hospital told her that she is not to consider herself "home" to be home and have visitors and kids back ,but as rehab because otherwise if she doesn't continue to progress like she has they will put her into a rehab facility ....... and since my mobility issues ,prevent me from being considered "able body assistance" I've been told to wait" so I agreed and had a crying jag as soon as I hung up the phone ......this sucks ....but it's still amazing she is alive to ask me to wait ..........

Post edited by carrie58 on

I am in so much pain!  My right side hurts so much!  I just took some acetaminophen pm to see if that helps with the pain and help me sleep.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited May 2022

My wife gothed me up to go out tonight. 

CEBC4CD1-4347-4FF1-8827-90AF43912D9A.jpeg
    3088 x 2316 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Gordig said:

Be careful...sometimes things like that can go sideways. 

Gordig said:

ummmm where ?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Karaoke at a local pub. Nothing goth-themed, it's just what she wanted to do tonight as part of her extended birthday celebrations. 

Sfariah said:

I am in so much pain!  My right side hurts so much!  I just took some acetaminophen pm to see if that helps with the pain and help me sleep.

That may be a real emergeny such as  appendicitis. Please go immediately to the nearest emergency facility and have it checked out.

edited May 2022

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

That may be a real emergeny such as  appendicitis. Please go immediately to the nearest emergency facility and have it checked out.

I agree!  Self-medication and self-diagnosis is rarely the correct path!

Dana 

Post edited by DanaTA on

DanaTA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

I agree!  Self-medication and self-diagnosis is rarely the correct path!

Dana 

yeah I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in and agree ,call 911 if you have to but get it checked

This discussion has been closed.