Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Gordig said:

Karaoke at a local pub. Nothing goth-themed, it's just what she wanted to do tonight as part of her extended birthday celebrations. 

Cool

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I can tolerate bad karaoke singers, but there's a guy who comes to this place who commits crimes against music. 

Gordig said:

I can tolerate bad karaoke singers, but there's a guy who comes to this place who commits crimes against music. 

Better than me I cry at bad singers ........it hurts soooo much

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

I remember a great moment in Tales from the Crypt, where the Crypt Keeper called it Scaryoke!   laugh

Dana

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

It drives me crazy that the YouTube app on the FireTV asks me what account I want to use when there's only one account. It still makes me pick an account. My bank does that too. All I have is a checking account. It still asks me what account I want to deposit money in. And now the Chromecast has a setting to start the screensaver after a certain amount of time. Then at the time you set for the screensaver to start, it asks if you want to start the screensaver or do something else. I suppose in the future when I press the unlock button on my keychain, the car will ask me to confirm that I want to unlock the door.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...in agreement with all the above.  If it is an appendicitis it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

I am in so much pain!  My right side hurts so much!  I just took some acetaminophen pm to see if that helps with the pain and help me sleep.

That may be a real emergeny such as  appendicitis. Please go immediately to the nearest emergency facility and have it checked out.

about to go to hospital in a few minutes. 

kyoto kid said:

...in agreement with all the above.  If it is an appendicitis it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible 

I am about to get in car to go to hospital now.  I think it really is a van, but I am going.

I'm at a hospital now.  Waiting to check in at emergency area.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Sfariah said:

I'm at a hospital now.  Waiting to check in at emergency area.

I hope you do well and it turns out to be not too serious. But it really is best that you are getting it checked out.

When you can please let us know how you are doing. 

I think I'm getting discharged soon.  I think they said it was a urinary track infection.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited May 2022

Sfariah said:

I think I'm getting discharged soon.  I think they said it was a urinary track infection.

You might want to check on that diagnosis... like make sure that's what they said.

Also, did they prescribe some antibiotics?... I hope so.

If that is what it is and they gave you a prescription for antibiotics, then in addition to that drink lots and lots of water and if possible get yourself some cranberry juice... and drink it.

I added that last instruction because I told someone that once and they bought it, but didn't drink it and I asked why and they said they didn't like cranberry juice... maybe they thought it was like garlic and vampires, like the cranberry juice drives the bacteria away... I dunno.

If they are discharging you without prescribing antibiotics, that's not great and you need to fix that because that ain't going away happily on its own.

Post edited by McGyver on

The documentation says Kidney infection.  I will drink more water when I get home.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I hope they prescribed antibiotics, a kidney infection is a little more severe than a urinary tract infection... untreated it can lead to sepsis (blood poisoning) or an abscess in the kidney, which isn't a lot of fun because most kidneys are designed to work better without additional holes.

I'm gonna agree with McGyver

...I'd get another opinion if they didn't give you antibiotics.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

Complaint:  Well, as long as others are having body problems, I'll join the fray.devil  I got my 2nd Covid booster about 10 days ago and remained in isolation at home (my normal state) ever since.  Yet, three days ago I started feeling blah and slightly feverish.  Well that all changed yesterday, I was really blah and had thought that I had simply indulged in too many intoxicants in too short a time, but about 4:00 in the afternoon I started feeling really bad.  I struggled on and kept going until about 8 PM when I conceded that had to go to bed.  I was weak, I was shivering, I had a temperature of 101.7F which is really high for me because my normal is about 97.4F instead of 98.6F.sad  I was feeling so bad that all day yesterday I swore off any intoxicants and by the end of the day even food turned me off.surprise

OK, so I went to bed and started sweating buckets into my freshly laundered sheets, and I couldn't sleep because I had to keep getting up every hour to pee.frown  Apparently my body was flushing itself.  But finally, about midnight, I started sleeping for about 2 hours at a time. 

Non-complaint:  But it seems that 12 hours in the sack did some good, because this morning I feel fine.smiley

I don't know what caused it.  I guess it could be reaction from the vaccine, I've had mild reactions every time I took it.  Or perhaps it was something I ate.  But usually unagreeable things one eats end up finding their way back out (one port or another) at the most inopportune moment.indecision

Regardless, I'm in the mood for intoxicants again.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Just pulled the trigger on an A5000.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

kyoto kid said:

And on the same note, if they prescribe antibiotics then you should both get them and use them. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

NylonGirl said:

kyoto kid said:

And on the same note, if they prescribe antibiotics then you should both get them and use them. 

All of them as prescribed. 

edited May 2022

...00:15 and someone's grilling onions in a skillet.  Making me hungry thinking of burgers wih grilled onions now (and I just got a pound of very lean organic grass fed raised beef).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I've finally bought a bjd doll. The Shadow Cat Bundle is on sale. And now I'm going to look for some games... Aww cr@p. There are quite a few items on my wishlist for under $5... Wait... WTF?!  When I add them to my cart, they jump up in price. 

Invisilights price in my wishlist are $3.13, but in my cart, they're $9.78. Oh well, I'll go and look for some games instead then.

Oop... Cloudflare is playing up again... 

Yum, Macaroni cheese...

N-RArts said:

I've finally bought a bjd doll. The Shadow Cat Bundle is on sale. And now I'm going to look for some games... Aww cr@p. There are quite a few items on my wishlist for under $5... Wait... WTF?!  When I add them to my cart, they jump up in price. 

Invisilights price in my wishlist are $3.13, but in my cart, they're $9.78. Oh well, I'll go and look for some games instead then.

Yum, Macaroni cheese...

for Genesis 3 or 8? 

edited May 2022

oops did I do a triple post?

hopefully this afternoon I can get something more useful done.  I don't want to sleep too much during the day as I fear it will affect my sleep tonight.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited May 2022

oh I think I might have a fever last night.  If I did it broke sometime last night.  Still a tad sweaty from that.

my prescription is going to be delivered soon.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

frank0314 said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Despite the black feather coloring, crows, unlike penquins, do not explode whether sitting on a TV or not.  Especially on a van.  It violates the stipulations of the Crow-Magna-Carta.

And who, goes around inspecting carrion for internal organs?surprise  Is this some specialty roadhouse delicacy?   Wheee... fermented rabbit adenoids.frown

You haven't seen much until your driving down the road and see a guy in a police uniform gutting a deer freshly killed by a passing car on the shoulder of the road. It was me doing the gutting. I was on my way home from work and the car in front of me hit a deer and just kept driving. I stopped, and accessed the situation. Deer was clearly not getting up from this one so I did the deed with my sidearm and had highway patrol come down to give me a carcass pass, would look suspicious to write my own, and he helped me load it into the trunk of the car. What can you say, when you make barley enough money to eat and you see free food your gonna take it.

Well played, and I hope you and your family eat well for weeks.  What caliber?  Hey, you brought it up...surely I can ask, right?

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

I built a new PC for gaming, graphicing, and musicing.

i9 12900K CPU (24 cores; a mix of performance and efficiency cores)

64 GB DDR5 RAM

Asus PRIME 690 Motherboard

Zotac 3080TI

Asus Thunderbolt card

I'm also replacing my old Focusrite Liquid 56 audio interface with a UAD Apollo 8P Heritage Edition

M.2 SSD PCIE 4TB and SSD SATA 8TB for a total of 12TB onboard NOT including the 8 TB backup drives, one of which is always attached...

And I'd like to talk to you about that.  When my workstation died, I could not use Windows, and this is why BACKUPS ARE SO IMPORTANT.  It would blue-screen with a stop code that indicated some kind of disagreement between the BIOS and the old SSD's firmware.  It would reboot, but it was achingly slow and completely unstable.  When you're having trouble, it's already TOO LATE to take a backup.  You need to be doing that with automation BEFORE the first sign that your system is going to spring a leak all over the information superhighway!

First, I tried the new SSD noted above on the old system.  I booted into Macrium;Reflect on a boot drive, and found my latest backups for the C and F drives.  Restore was slow but it worked.  Next I tried to boot from it and it just wasn't going to work.  That's when I decided to go all the way with all new components EXCEPT for the case and the wetware (me0.

Now days later and thousands of dollars lighter (hey, that UAD was over $4000), and the new system is built.  I was able to boot back into Macrium;Reflect and perform a "redeploy to new hardware" of that new SSD with the C and F partitions, and it booted right up!  No Windows 10 rebuild, yay!

Backups have saved me at least 48-72 hours of reinstalling Windows and all of my hundreds of applications.  I still need to de-install my old Gigabyte tools and install the new Asus tools, and I also need to tune the CPU usage (these 12900k CPUs can experience overheating and thermal throttling when you push the performance cores hard).  Yes, I will eventually take this machine to Secure Boot and on to Windows 11.  But for now I just don't have the time for all that.  I need to get back to doing my finances, opening a permit for some house work, and making some changes to my HOA's website.  All of these things, plus the games I play, would have lost their current states without those backups!

I do so love it when my first student of the day is over an hour earlier than the rest of my students, and then doesn't show up. 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

Sfariah said:

N-RArts said:

Yum, Macaroni cheese...

for Genesis 3 or 8? 

Neither, it's a real one ^^ Although I'm not sure what clothes will fit her (she's 36cm).

I hope you start to feel better soon. 

Eh... I hate leaving reviews. I never know what to say.

That was close. My screen wouldn't turn on when I turned the computer on. I gave a cable connector at the back of the PC a wiggle, and now it's working... :/ ... That can't be good...

This discussion has been closed.