Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

N-RArts said:

Sfariah said:

N-RArts said:

I've finally bought a bjd doll. The Shadow Cat Bundle is on sale. And now I'm going to look for some games... Aww cr@p. There are quite a few items on my wishlist for under $5... Wait... WTF?!  When I add them to my cart, they jump up in price. 

Invisilights price in my wishlist are $3.13, but in my cart, they're $9.78. Oh well, I'll go and look for some games instead then.

Oop... Cloudflare is playing up again... 

Yum, Macaroni cheese...

for Genesis 3 or 8? 

Neither, it's a real one ^^ Although I'm not sure what clothes will fit her (she's 36cm).

I hope you start to feel better soon. 

Eh... I hate leaving reviews. I never know what to say.

That was close. My screen wouldn't turn on when I turned the computer on. I gave a cable connector at the back of the PC a wiggle, and now it's working... :/ ... That can't be good...

The data gobbling troll monster got no meals here.  He can eat and eat and eat, but the moment you recover your data, his belly magically becomes empty, along with the hole already ever-present in his gaping wide soul.

But he always moves on to another person, because one day he'll eat somebody's data and they won't have a backup.  Then and only then will he be sated, if only for a short period of time.  It's what keeps him going; the possibility of being able to keep his meal!

Don't let your data be his meal.  Make him look for all eternity for his supper.  Don't feed the hungry data troll!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Well, as long as others are having body problems, I'll join the fray.devil  I got my 2nd Covid booster about 10 days ago and remained in isolation at home (my normal state) ever since.  Yet, three days ago I started feeling blah and slightly feverish.  Well that all changed yesterday, I was really blah and had thought that I had simply indulged in too many intoxicants in too short a time, but about 4:00 in the afternoon I started feeling really bad.  I struggled on and kept going until about 8 PM when I conceded that had to go to bed.  I was weak, I was shivering, I had a temperature of 101.7F which is really high for me because my normal is about 97.4F instead of 98.6F.sad  I was feeling so bad that all day yesterday I swore off any intoxicants and by the end of the day even food turned me off.surprise

OK, so I went to bed and started sweating buckets into my freshly laundered sheets, and I couldn't sleep because I had to keep getting up every hour to pee.frown  Apparently my body was flushing itself.  But finally, about midnight, I started sleeping for about 2 hours at a time. 

Non-complaint:  But it seems that 12 hours in the sack did some good, because this morning I feel fine.smiley

I don't know what caused it.  I guess it could be reaction from the vaccine, I've had mild reactions every time I took it.  Or perhaps it was something I ate.  But usually unagreeable things one eats end up finding their way back out (one port or another) at the most inopportune moment.indecision

Regardless, I'm in the mood for intoxicants again.devil

Are you still doing okay? That sounds like some mighty fever you had ... 

tsroemi said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Well, as long as others are having body problems, I'll join the fray.devil  I got my 2nd Covid booster about 10 days ago and remained in isolation at home (my normal state) ever since.  Yet, three days ago I started feeling blah and slightly feverish.  Well that all changed yesterday, I was really blah and had thought that I had simply indulged in too many intoxicants in too short a time, but about 4:00 in the afternoon I started feeling really bad.  I struggled on and kept going until about 8 PM when I conceded that had to go to bed.  I was weak, I was shivering, I had a temperature of 101.7F which is really high for me because my normal is about 97.4F instead of 98.6F.sad  I was feeling so bad that all day yesterday I swore off any intoxicants and by the end of the day even food turned me off.surprise

OK, so I went to bed and started sweating buckets into my freshly laundered sheets, and I couldn't sleep because I had to keep getting up every hour to pee.frown  Apparently my body was flushing itself.  But finally, about midnight, I started sleeping for about 2 hours at a time. 

Non-complaint:  But it seems that 12 hours in the sack did some good, because this morning I feel fine.smiley

I don't know what caused it.  I guess it could be reaction from the vaccine, I've had mild reactions every time I took it.  Or perhaps it was something I ate.  But usually unagreeable things one eats end up finding their way back out (one port or another) at the most inopportune moment.indecision

Regardless, I'm in the mood for intoxicants again.devil

LG described to a tee how I felt when I got my vaccines back in May and June 2021.  I felt awful, hot and sweaty as a French ... fry, unable to eat or sleep, and peeing up a storm.  And then just like an egg timer went off, "ding!" I was fine.  And hungry again.  What the hell is in that concoction they're giving us?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

N-RArts said:

Eh... I hate leaving reviews. I never know what to say.

That was close. My screen wouldn't turn on when I turned the computer on. I gave a cable connector at the back of the PC a wiggle, and now it's working... :/ ... That can't be good...

I've had that happen before check to make sure the cable is plugged in tight .......

I'm now copying all of my VSTi and 3D libraries from the old SSDs to the new ones.  It's pushing 4.5 TB for all that data, so there's a lot of waiting around.  I do have Ethernet running on the new machine. 

Funny thing:  On first entry into Windows, I got a message from my um... from my motherboard?  Yeah, I got a message from my motherboard saying that it has built in drivers for the LAN controller and the RGB lighting built in to the motherboard, and all I need to do is push the "Okay" button (or whatever) to give my consent.

So on a whim (and with these huge 1-1.5 TB partitions still being copied, there's not much else for me to do but wait), I clicked "yes", and sure enough...biff, bam, boom, and I'm on my network and on the internet.  Yikes that was nice and easy!

The old Windows install is running just as fast as it ever did in the old machine, and there's no sign of the slowness or instability that I had before the rebuild.  Now part of this may very well be the "Deploy to new hardware" feature of Macrium Reflect.  That removes your CPU and other drivers from a dormant (not actively running) Windows partition so that PnP (Plug and Play) looks for the CPU drivers fresh.  Now that part worked fine.  Reflect was booted from a thumb drive, but I think the USB boot device version of Reflect might just have internet capability.  Whether it did or not, I couldn't really tell if Reflect had to go to the Internet and get any drivers, but the function ran so quickly I kind of think it didn't.

So now I have an old motherboard, i7 Gen 7 or 8 (I don't remember for sure) processor, and 64 GB of memory.  I'm going to buy a new mid-tower case for it all and put it back together with a new M.2 SSD and a new RTX graphic card...thinking maybe a 3070, so that machine can live in the guest room or kitchen or something.  I'll have a brand new Windows 10 or 11 build and will be capable of doing some games and music making.  Or maybe I'll donate it to somebody local in need.  But there is still a problem and I don't know where it lies.  Maybe the motherboard.  I'll change out the coin battery and do a CMOS reset and see if I can get it to post in a new case with all new front panel switches and cables.  It's still a pretty powerful machine, and could play an important part in a render farm.  Or something. 

One other point of interest:  Windows Vista was the last time I actually BUILT this OS from scratch on my workstation.  From there I upgraded to 8.0, then to 8.1, and finally to Windows 10.  And whenever changing from one machine to another, I just did the Redeploy function rather than rebuild Windows.  There'll be plenty of time for reinstalling Windows and all of my applications when I retire.  For now, I'm just to damned busy to be messing around with it!

Anyway, so far so good.  Now I'm off to shop for new front panel switches and cables.  If I can't find those, then this big ol' HAF 932 case will need to be swapped out for my next build in what...5-7 years.  Would hate to do that.  This is a great case with a huge slow moving fan on the side of the case.  They don't make them like this anymore.  Instead, they're making them out of glass!  Have you ever heard anything so crazy?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

tsroemi said:

Well, today was a bit of a relapse.indecision  My temperature got up to 99.6 (2 degrees high for me) and I'm a little blah still, but walkin' & talkin'.  But I spent more time than usual in my comfy-recliner chair and snuggled under my granny blanket, drank Earl Gray tea, put on my headphones, selected Rachmaninoff 2nd Symphony, went to music heaven and napped a few times on the way back.yes

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I think I have all my VSTs installed on both my NAS and a local hard drive, because I installed them all to the NAS first, then discovered that my DAW didn't like reading from a NAS. I just never bothered deleting them from the NAS, because there's so much free space. 

Good thing I still get paid for the students that don't show up, because I'm into my fourth consecutive no-show. 

Gordig said:

I think I have all my VSTs installed on both my NAS and a local hard drive, because I installed them all to the NAS first, then discovered that my DAW didn't like reading from a NAS. I just never bothered deleting them from the NAS, because there's so much free space. 

Yeah, I keep my VSTs on 4 partitions, and I've lettered them the same on my PC laptop and workstation.  Both are backed up, but I keep them consistent with each other so that if need be, I could use a backup from the laptop to restore to the workstation and vice-versa.  It requires me to be mindful (for example, if I install a new instrument to the K drive on one machine, I need to do the exact same thing on the other machine.  Now on the Mac I don't do that; everything is on the main drive.  It's an 8 TB drive, so no big whoop.

The same goes for my Media (M), Recording (N), and DAZ library (P) drives.  I'm thinking of setting up replication for the Media and Recording drives like I already have for my Documents (G) and my Downloads (H).  Most stuff can get downloaded on one machine or another and then it just replicates to the NAS and over to the other machine.  So I can work on a web page for example, on the desktop, then switch to the laptop and hit the road.  All the files are right there and ready to edit.  Same with downloads, except for those that don't play nicely with replication (Native Instruments and Arturia, for example).

Gordig said:

Good thing I still get paid for the students that don't show up, because I'm into my fourth consecutive no-show. 

What is it you're teaching?

Subtropic Pixel said:

Gordig said:

Assorted musical instruments.

Gordig said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

Gordig said:

Assorted musical instruments.

Nice, which ones?  I honk and scratch, jangle, and clank on a bunch of different ones.  Drums, violin, guit, bass, bone, perc, keys, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.  No favorites.  I always feel like I could use more theory skills, and I'm amazed at the arrangements and scores that humans create every day.

Primarily guitar and piano, with some ukulele, drums and bass mixed in. I can teach banjo, mandolin and accordion as well, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for those, at least where I teach.

I played accordian about a million years ago, when the wolly mammoths were still roaming the land.  laugh

I could also teach pedal steel at a pretty rudimentary level. I really need to get good at that, because that's guaranteed money.

Gordig said:

There are whole businesses that believe in that philosophy.indecision  We're here, you're not, we'll send a bill.cheeky

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Went to doctor appointment.  It went okay.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Sfariah said:

Went to doctor appointment.  It went okay.

This is good news. 
    I guess... sometimes I say things went "okay" when in fact they caught on fire and collapsed into a pile of molten slag... because technically it could have been worse and describing the chain of events leading to molten slag is often tiring and most people have short attention spans anyway, so I usually just say stuff went "okay".

I hope things went better and your summation of "okay" is much better than mine.

Seriously, I hope your kidneys are feeling happier now.

And you too.

edited May 2022

Subtropic Pixel said:

I played accordian about a million years ago, when the wolly mammoths were still roaming the land.  laugh

I never heard of them.  Where'd they play, Rock Vegas?  Were they big?  Did you ever play for the Flintstones? 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I am in so much pain, it hurts.

edited May 2022

Sfariah said:

I'm very sorry to hear this... does your side and or back hurt just about level with your abdomen? 
    Also are you drinking lots of water or cranberry juice?

Do you still have a fever?

You need to flush the infection out, I hope you are drinking the amount of liquids they should have instructed you to.

Its very, very important that you do this.

Post edited by McGyver on

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

I'm very sorry to hear this... does your side and or back hurt just about level with your abdomen? 
    Also are you drinking lots of water or cranberry juice?

Do you still have a fever?

You need to flush the infection out, I hope you are drinking the amount of liquids they should have instructed you to.

Its very, very important that you do this.

I am trying to drink as much water and cranberry juice as possible.  It is easier said than done for me. 

Complaint: I just read that Safari has over one billion users... Google Chrome has around 3.4 billion users, Edge has a little over 200 million, and Firefox almost 1.8 million.

Basically Safari is the number two most popular browser, yet it still works like hot garbage on the forums... I still have to use Firefox or Chrome to upload images because the forum software refuses to upload an image using Safari.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

i can finally visit the Daz 3D forums.  The web browsers kept timing out for some reason.  The store worked fine.  Anyways, I was watching someone's video of their vacation.  The background music was loud and obnoxious.  Maybe I should mute the audio and turn on closed captioning.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Complaint: At 12:54 am Eastern, I tried to use my PC+ coupon before time ran out.  It said that the coupon code was not valid.  This should have been plenty of time before midnight in Utah!  After taking a screen shot, I emptied the cart, and opened a ticket.  Let's see how they answer.  It will have an impact.  If they reject my plea, I will not renew the PC+ membership when it comes time.  It's value is dwindling all the time.  sad

Dana

It seems to me that a well organized, and staffed IT department would have completely automated sales switchovers by now.enlightened

• KCMustangKCMustang Posts: 113

Complaint: I've just recovered from Covid and didn't even get a t-shirt.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited June 2022

Noncomplaint: My rrender Fire on the Mountain just won 1st place in the DAZ+ Monthly render contest (2nd half). AI is my small tribute to the Marshall Tucker Band. Does anybody still remember them?

Gallery image: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5656867229401088#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1223433

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: My rrender Fire on the Mountain just won 1st place in the DAZ+ Monthly render contest (2nd half). AI is my small tribute to the Marshall Tucker Band. Does anybody still remember them?

Gallery image: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5656867229401088#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1223433

Really nice work!  Congratulations!

Dana 

KCMustang said:

Complaint: I've just recovered from Covid and didn't even get a t-shirt.

Well, hopefully you didn't get anything else either... lots of people who get Covid also get other lingering health issues.

But that would make a good t-shirt... "I survived Covid and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

This discussion has been closed.