Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

KCMustang said:

Complaint: I've just recovered from Covid and didn't even get a t-shirt.

Do you really want a tshirt?  I can make you one but not for free as the shirt and paint aren't free. Nor is shipping.  But I have a free box.  Actually I got quite a few free boxes.  I'm hopefully moving next week.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited June 2022

Gordig said:

Just pulled the trigger on an A5000.

19D15AC2-0511-427E-ADB1-D0D588681984.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I've never heard of the RTX A series of cards before.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: My rrender Fire on the Mountain just won 1st place in the DAZ+ Monthly render contest (2nd half). AI is my small tribute to the Marshall Tucker Band. Does anybody still remember them?

Gallery image: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5656867229401088#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1223433

1. Great image!

2. Remember MTB? Oh yeah - the late Toy Caldwell on guitar and Doug Gray on vocals; how many other Southern Rock bands had hit songs with flute solos? I'm from SE Tennessee and almost 69, so I grew up on Southern Rock.

starionwolf said:

They're what in earlier generations would have been called a Quadro, but they seem to have dropped that branding.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Gaagh... I bought coleslaw and potato salad for use in dinner related eating tonight... actually I bought two different coleslaws and two different potato salads so everyone here could figure out which one they like... but then everyone decided they don't want either, so now it's all mine... not in a good way.

One of the potato salads is pretty terrible and one of the coleslaws is epically awful... not so awful that I'm going to stop eating it... I'm not sure that's actually a level that exists... but it's still truly awful... like it was made by someone who never heard of coleslaw and hated people.

Its not exactly a war crime, but pretty close.

You may wonder why I'm still eating it... so am I... but it's a thing I do when I taste something terrible... I try to figure out what is terrible about it... also I think it's a bit like how people watch scary movies to frighten their eyeballs... I eat scary food to frighten my tastebuds... 

I actually dissect the taste and ponder each note of terribleness... Also I eat like a Labrador retriever so there is that too.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

Gaagh... I bought coleslaw and potato salad for use in dinner related eating tonight... actually I bought two different coleslaws and two different potato salads so everyone here could figure out which one they like... but then everyone decided they don't want either, so now it's all mine... not in a good way.

One of the potato salads is pretty terrible and one of the coleslaws is epically awful... not so awful that I'm going to stop eating it... I'm not sure that's actually a level that exists... but it's still truly awful... like it was made by someone who never heard of coleslaw and hated peopleIts not exactly a war crime, but pretty close.You may wonder why I'm still eating it... so am I... but it's a thing I do when I taste something terrible... I try to figure out what is terrible about it... also I think it's a bit like how people watch scary movies to frighten their eyeballs... I eat scary food to frighten my tastebuds... I actually dissect the taste and ponder each note of terribleness... Also I eat like a Labrador retriever so there is that too.

Yeah I've gotten some like that ,but I tend to add spices until they taste right or at least better .......I also do that when family comes ,brings food a lunch but leaves enough leftovers to feed 6 people for at least 4 days ,and they leave it for me ,alone ......I was brought up not to throw good food away so I ate "special "potato salad for a full week ,2 meals a day ,dressed it up with  different spices, seasonings, additives until day 5 ,when opening the contain made me nausous .....you can't freeze potato salad either ....I did finally have a melt down about it te next time they brought "special" potato salad and tried to leave it ....

I have had tried to make some awful food better but somehow made it even worse.  It usually ends up in the trash while I am highly upset for wasting all that food for nothing.

This is not a war crime. (I think it is due to too many people dying of some plague or pandemics?)

bonesinprague0.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 268K

Gordig said:

starionwolf said:

They're what in earlier generations would have been called a Quadro, but they seem to have dropped that branding.

ok, have fun using that card to render 3D images.  Gonna go to bed after I check the Fastgrab page.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited June 2022

carrie58 said:

Yeah I've gotten some like that ,but I tend to add spices until they taste right or at least better .......I also do that when family comes ,brings food a lunch but leaves enough leftovers to feed 6 people for at least 4 days ,and they leave it for me ,alone ......I was brought up not to throw good food away so I ate "special "potato salad for a full week ,2 meals a day ,dressed it up with  different spices, seasonings, additives until day 5 ,when opening the contain made me nausous .....you can't freeze potato salad either ....I did finally have a melt down about it te next time they brought "special" potato salad and tried to leave it ....

I was brought up not to throw away food too... My mom lived through the war ravaged hellscape that was Austria after WW2 and there have been a couple of times in my life where I didn't eat for a day or two, so I have a special relationship with leftovers and gnawing on bones...
    Technically 5 day old potato salad is "aged" not spoiled... and the fly larvae are added protein... like wriggly little white raisins... although once the potato salad kills the maggots, it's probably time to throw it out... probably... though it probably still might have some medicinal or biological warfare uses.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited June 2022

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

I was brought up not to throw away food too... My mom lived through the war ravaged hellscape that was Austria after WW2 and there have been a couple of times in my life where I didn't eat for a day or two, so I have a special relationship with leftovers and gnawing on bones...
    Technically 5 day old potato salad is "aged" not spoiled... and the fly larvae are added protein... like wriggly little white raisins... although once the potato salad kills the maggots, it's probably time to throw it out... probably... though it probably still might have some medicinal or biological warfare uses.

Lucky for me in a sealed container ,in the fridge ,did not have to worry about maggots ,and those 2 meals a day for 5 days the potato salad was the main course , that'll turn you off on anything ,and yup been with out before ,first marriage was a doozey , but still there are limits now ,though I can fix a big pot of beans ,and eat that for a week ,difference is I can freeze portions if I need to and not have to face it every day.....

My mother on the other believes once a food item has entered the fridge or freezer zone it is good for eternity...... Lord love her ,I cleaned her freezer in1987 ,found a turkey in the bottom of the freezer ,broke it free ,and it might haved weighed 2 lbs, but according to the tag it was a 12 pounder ...in 1979 ..... so she was just ahead of her time with freeze drying laugh

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

LeatherGryphon said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

I played accordian about a million years ago, when the wolly mammoths were still roaming the land.  laugh

I never heard of them.  Where'd they play, Rock Vegas?  Were they big?  Did you ever play for the Flintstones? 

Fred and Barney were before my time!  My dad never operated a brontosaur crane.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited June 2022

Charlie Judge said:

Noncomplaint: My rrender Fire on the Mountain just won 1st place in the DAZ+ Monthly render contest (2nd half). AI is my small tribute to the Marshall Tucker Band. Does anybody still remember them?

Gallery image: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5656867229401088#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1223433

...congratulations. 

There's a restaurant here in Portland by the same name.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

Yeah... I spent a lot of time with my grandmother when I was five to ten years old and there was no problem scraping off the mold from the bread or cutting out the parts that the mice had tasted, but she had also seen her share as she had to escape their home with her family in 1939 as our eastern neigbour took that part of Finland.
    It took her some 15 years before she finally got a place she could call home.

starionwolf said:

Gordig said:

starionwolf said:

ok, have fun using that card to render 3D images.  Gonna go to bed after I check the Fastgrab page.

Is that sarcasm?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

Sfariah said:

This is not a war crime. (I think it is due to too many people dying of some plague or pandemics?)

No, they waited for a DAZ Soon sale.indecision 

I am working on packing. One thing I did remember is not to put all my books into one box.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Sfariah said:

I am working on packing. One thing I did remember is not to put all my books into one box.

Are you feeling better ?  If ou still have a lot of pain you should go back to your health care provider. 

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

Are you feeling better ?  If ou still have a lot of pain you should go back to your health care provider. 

Not much pain.  Didn't need to take a midnight pain killer last night.

edited June 2022

Gordig said:

starionwolf said:

Gordig said:

starionwolf said:

Is that sarcasm?

i was assuming that you are going to use 8192 CUDA cores and 24 GB GDDR6 VRam to render Iray images.

Post edited by starionwolf on

What am I doing?  Oh I was going to finish a Strange New Worlds episode. I also want to work on packing too.  And do some crafts.

Finished that episode of Strange New Worlds.  Going to work on packing then Discover something new.

edited June 2022

...just looked through the latest sale on "Select Structures"  Unchecked the "Hide Items I Own" box and am amazed by how many architectural sets I purchased over the years, some I even forgot  I had.

...and this is just a "selection" not all the sets in the store.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2022

I know someone who has way more Stonemason Stuff than they thought. And no, you can't look at my library to see if I am talking about me.

E656325D-2D81-4CC4-9867-2D586A89A480.png
    1640 x 2360 - 8M
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

Is it time to go to bed?

Wait?

Never mind?

• My bucket may not have a hole in it, but my bathtub stopper does. Pity, it's a perfect day for a nice soak.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Blando Calrissian said:

My bucket may not have a hole in it, but my bathtub stopper does. Pity, it's a perfect day for a nice soak.

a small plastic lid (better if Tupperware) will work in a pinch as long as you don't dislodge it 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

I bit the side of my tongue a couple days ago and now it really hurts.

I'm hungry.  I'm sure I can make a salmon sandwich here if I put my mind to it.  And if I have salmon, that is...

...I've done that, no fun, particularly if you drink coffee and like to eat spicy foods

This discussion has been closed.