Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...had our first 80° day of the year (81°) on Thursday after an unprecedented couple days in the 70s (we've been lucky to just get one usually followed immediately by several days in low 50s with more water from the sky).  This weekend is bleah (not unexpected because it's "Rose Festival" time here and rain is a normal occurrence during the celebration), hwoever, more late spring to early summer like weather on the way for next week.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

For the last couple weeks, every day I woke up feeling slightly crappier than the day before. The frustrating thing is that I never felt all the way sick, just experiencing a long, slow degradation of my health. My blood sugar wasn't acting crazy, I wasn't feverish, I took an at-home Covid test that was negative, nothing that would indicate a clear cause. I've been prone to ear and sinus infections all my life, but I hadn't had one for a couple years, so I was definitely overdue for one, but even then it felt much milder than previous infections, despite similar symptoms. Finally, I went to urgent care yesterday. At this point, a quick digression:

As a disabled veteran, I get all my healthcare and medication for free. I haven't gone outside the VA system for maybe a decade, but the local VA I go to hasn't had urgent care since the pandemic started, so I had no choice. The VA is certainly not a perfect system, but I've always found the quality of care satisfactory, and when I've had to go to urgent care in the past, I've been seen relatively quickly. I then walk down the hall to the pharmacy and pick up my medications after a reasonable wait.

So yesterday, I went to urgent care around 2. I was told there would be a 4-hour wait, which is longer than I can ever remember waiting at urgent care for the VA. Thankfully, that location already had my paperwork already on hand, so I didn't have to worry about getting hit with a huge bill. I didn't get out of my appointment until 6:30 or 7, which meant that I had to go to a local pharmacy, which I got to around 7:30. I was told it would be at least an hour before they could deal with my prescription, and they had no idea how to bill the VA for my prescription. I came back an hour later, and waited 15 minutes before I was able to talk to someone, who told me that they still hadn't gotten to my prescription. Finally, a minute or two before the pharmacy closed, she came out and said that they couldn't figure out how to bill the VA, so I'd have to pay out of pocket, which would be around $80. I could afford to pay for it, but out of frustration as much as pragmatism, I asked them to just give my prescription back, meaning that I wouldn't be able to get my prescription filled until Monday.

Long story short, whatever complaints I may have about the VA, I wish every American had access to the same care that I do.

..on Medicare here with supplemental coverage through my state. So far, it's been very good and useful. 

For example, I took a bad fall a few years ago that landed me in the hospital a couple days (mainly for observation as I received a head injury).  They put me through a battery of tests, an MRI and other exams.  When the statement arrived several weeks later, the total was over 17,000$....out of which I only had to pay 38$ for an insulin jab (the meds they had me on while I was there were not compatible with Metromin which I was still on at the time)  Yeah  pretty remarkable and a big relief even though there is a premium for Part B (which for now is also covered by the state plan). 

I no longer can take blood thinners and have a slight  touch of vertigo if I stand up or move my head too quickly, but I've adjusted pretty much.  So, not going to do any break dancing anytime soon or ride the Tilt-A-Whirl (in the store the model of the ride is called The Waltzers) at a carnival.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited June 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Blando Calrissian said:

My bucket may not have a hole in it, but my bathtub stopper does. Pity, it's a perfect day for a nice soak.

a small plastic lid (better if Tupperware) will work in a pinch as long as you don't dislodge it 

A big toe works sometimes too.  But if you get it stuck you'll end-up on YouTube.surprise 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

LeatherGryphon said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Blando Calrissian said:

My bucket may not have a hole in it, but my bathtub stopper does. Pity, it's a perfect day for a nice soak.

a small plastic lid (better if Tupperware) will work in a pinch as long as you don't dislodge it 

A big toe works sometimes too.  But if you get it stuck you'll end-up on YouTube.surprise 

No ,no ,no ,the big toe works to block the faucet not the drain ........

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Gordig said:

Long story short, whatever complaints I may have about the VA, I wish every American had access to the same care that I do.

Yup, too many folks don't have access to decent health care... But yikes, 4 hours estimate to be seen...  Seems closer to "Emergency Room" timing... that's less Urgent Care and more like Eventual Care... I wonder if that because of a back up related to Covid testing?... Usually around here the wait at an Urgent Care facility is around 45 minutes, an hour max... but during the pandemic they were like "call back in a couple of hours"... then it trickled down to "make an appointment"... and now it's back more or less to 1-1.5 hours... I hope that's not the normal expected wait time.

Regardless, I hope you are feeling better... Take care.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Blando Calrissian said:

A7E45148-8BB4-46E8-8286-41A5D0BF74DC.jpeg
    640 x 400 - 33K
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

Blando Calrissian said:

Remains of the original stopper + tupperware lid + something to hold it down (good thing I just washed out that flowerpot- or did I? Well, it's clean now!)... where was I? Oh right, those three things = a nice hot bath.

The perfect thing after a weekend of very aggressive dog walking. (Dog likes to chase squirrels. I pretend to enjoy it as much as he does, while simultaneously 'slacking' just enough to give the poor things plenty of time to get up into the trees. We never seem to catch any, such a pity...)

I don't like ads in games for different games.  Some game ads show one game play but actually the real game play isn't like that.

I've played games like that... where the ad looks good, but the game actually sucks more than a black hole.

McGyver said:

I've played games like that... where the ad looks good, but the game actually sucks more than a black hole.

Black holes don't suck.  They just pucker and you end up falling for them. 

edited June 2022

...getting tired of adverts on Pintrest and DA (and I'm a "Core" member of the latter).

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...the June PC...er...Daz+ Sale is on.

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Which would mean the game sucks still? 

Sfariah said:

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Which would mean the game sucks still? 

In my book, puckering does not equate to sucking.  They may look similar but the pressure difference is absent.indecision  I'm more attracted to a pucker than a suck-er.wink

beware: Cereal killer

A01D3EBB-DF9F-4938-8A1E-3BDE8AD4B03E.jpeg
    2360 x 1640 - 3M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

As an addendum to my earlier story, I went to the VA today to fill my prescription. I checked in to the pharmacy, and waited only a couple minutes before getting to speak to the pharmacist. He told me it would be around 40 minutes to fill the prescription, so I went back to the waiting room and sat down. I wasn't timing it, but it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes before my name came up on the board and I was able to get my pills.

I am so tired, I want to go to bed.  but I haven't taken my night medicine yet.

edited June 2022

Non-complaint:  Wheee... I terminated my Twitter account.  I'm free, I'm free!

There's nothing I need to know from Twitter that doesn't appear on the TV or on YouTube or by voice over telephone.cheeky

LeatherGryphon said:

There's nothing I need to know from Twitter that doesn't appear on the TV or on YouTube or by voice over telephone.cheeky

You'll be better off, and the more people that do that, the better off for society.

Anyone want popcorn?  I am making some right now.

Sfariah said:

Thanks, I'd try a little, but I'm on my iPad and there are no sufficiently large ports for the popcorn to materialize out of.

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

Thanks, I'd try a little, but I'm on my iPad and there are no sufficiently large ports for the popcorn to materialize out of.

I'm on my iPad too.  This is the only way I know how to give you some. 

1D708A07-5C2C-4B5F-9ADF-EB55657E02F7.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    39ABF344-5E0D-4C88-B678-666DD651BDB9.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M

I got your popcorn transmission, but the little ones are only about a 1/16th of an inch across. (*pidgeon feed*)sad  Yeah, I know, the big ones are about real size, but how do you get them out of the screen?frown

edited June 2022

McGyver said:

LeatherGryphon said:

You'll be better off, and the more people that do that, the better off for society.

Yeah, and if we could get rid of FaceBook and its ilk, as well as "Reality" TV shows, and solve the "stupid-people" problem the world might survive the invasion of upright apes.indecision

IBM called the home line but I didn't answer.

IBM called?... The Institute of Bowel Movements?... I wouldn't answer that either.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Once, after I retired, IBM called me - headhunting - wanted to know if I;d be interested in interviewing for a senior contract position for a very large projetc they were working on for the Government..

I checked the freebie of the day, but I can't find the add to cart button.

pcmegapack2021.png
    1420 x 949 - 1M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Sfariah said:

I checked the freebie of the day, but I can't find the add to cart button.

Are you sure you don't already have it?  It's from 2021!

Dana 

This discussion has been closed.