Windows 10 - It's heeerrre! and it's free for some

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2015

The upgrade file downloded for my win 8 laptop, left it on upgrade available. I have a tech who will be doing a clean install who is on holidays right now

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    nDelphi said:
    icecrmn said:
    You wouldn't happen to have a link to those icon themes would you? I'd love to change mine to something a bit easier to look at.

Do a search on Google with keywords: Icons windows 10 change

Here's a start:

http://winaero.com/download.php?list.4

http://winaero.com/blog/get-windows-8-icons-back-in-windows-10/

Mmm, some interesting hacks there. Might be worth looking into...

CHEERS!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    Rogerbee said:
    nDelphi said:
    icecrmn said:
    You wouldn't happen to have a link to those icon themes would you? I'd love to change mine to something a bit easier to look at.

Do a search on Google with keywords: Icons windows 10 change

Here's a start:

http://winaero.com/download.php?list.4

http://winaero.com/blog/get-windows-8-icons-back-in-windows-10/

Mmm, some interesting hacks there. Might be worth looking into...

CHEERS!

Truly useful, esp the first link.  I'd like to see a screen grab for the Win 10 icons so I can gauge how hideous they are. 

Anyone? 

Aren't there pics in those links?

CHEERS!

Your right.. a few examples.  They are very much like kindergarden graphics!  lol

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    edited August 2015

Quick tip for those that don't want Windows 10 (yet), but got the annoying update notification (It actually runs as an autostarting .exe file, pretty obnoxious if you ask me...). You can get rid of it by uninstalling the Microsoft update KB3035583 and then hiding it (otherwise it will come back). If you want to upgrade at a later time, you can at any time unhide the update and reinstall it.

Ciao

TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    MEC4D said:

yeah but it would give you garbage feedback back so the total system would not make sense at all . People worry about collected info but once you connect to your internet every move  is collected by your provider

Internet is not private and never was , you want to be incognito? trow away your phone and credit card, cut the internet, move to Alaska and put alluminium folie on your head  lol

icecrmn said:

Wouldn't it be fun to have a script that would feed random garbage to their data collector? I think it would be :)

...I would suggest Oymyakon in Siberia.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

So does Daz Studio work on Windows 10?  4.7 or 4.8?  Anyone running it?  (I ran through 4 of 8 pages and didnt see if anyone tried yet)

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited August 2015

yes,Daz Studio works on Windows 10.I have 4.8,0,59 , and the current public beta build which is 4.8.0.56,,both work

3dOutlaw said:

So does Daz Studio work on Windows 10?  4.7 or 4.8?  Anyone running it?  (I ran through 4 of 8 pages and didnt see if anyone tried yet)

Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Great, thanks!

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    3dOutlaw said:

Great, thanks!

you're welcome

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited August 2015

I was missing the colored tittle bars in windows10  and found this one to set it back  http://winaero.com/blog/get-colored-title-bars-in-windows-10/

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited August 2015
    MEC4D said:

double post

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    MEC4D said:

yeah but it would give you garbage feedback back so the total system would not make sense at all . People worry about collected info but once you connect to your internet every move  is collected by your provider

Internet is not private and never was , you want to be incognito? trow away your phone and credit card, cut the internet, move to Alaska and put alluminium folie on your head  lol

icecrmn said:

Wouldn't it be fun to have a script that would feed random garbage to their data collector? I think it would be :)

Even if you made to Alaska and find a nice cave and use a substantial amount of alluminum foil, you would never have privacy, remember, God's everywhere, he hears and sees everything... crying

3dOutlaw said:

DAZ Studio works here too the same for the rest of the software, except for TuneUp Utilities 2014, I had to upgrade to 2015.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

Even if you made to Alaska and find a nice cave and use a substantial amount of alluminum foil, you would never have privacy, remember, God's everywhere, he hears and sees everything... crying

Perhaps.  But he doesn't re-tweet anything.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

But He doesn't share your data with 3rd parties, it says so in His Privacy Policy.

So how you handle this situation while  on the toilet ? lol

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

I have some issues with my Wacom Cintiq monitor pen and touch the driver stopped working 2 times today need reinstall and reboot ..  both touch and pen got disable , and just installed new drivers .. I would hare that situation while working on a project .. I hope it was just a glitch .

Also I love the fact that I can have  finally different languages with my virtual  keyboard with actual letters and check speeling while I type independent from the browser ..

MEC4D said:

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

Well, I guess modesty is for humans,  I trust his discretion. LOL

perfect answer ! hahahaha  laughlol​ 

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

WOW... your right, it does come in the way of an "Update" in the Windows Update.  I have my notice finally but I really don't feel like it right now.  I just hope I can hold off until I'm really in the mood to cuss and scream!  lmao

You can hold off till this time next year if you really feel like it. It's free for a year remember.

CHEERS!

System UPGRADES are nasty and don't improve much  go for clean instalation if you can , a big difference in speed and it take 50% less of your HD or SSD space than Upgrade

• AtiAti Posts: 9,128

Well, my Win10 experience was short... :) It complained that it could not migrate everything over. At first I thought that's okay, I'll manually set up the rest... Then I realized it only brought the trashcan and IE over... :D All of my programs gone, start menu completely empty. I managed to do a system restore to win 8.1, and get rid of the win10 upgrade. So far I only needed to reinstall Chrome. I guess I won't be using win10 anytime soon. :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

love it - works great for me yes

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited August 2015
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

LOL, don't be too sure:

Mark 4:22

"For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open."

Post edited by Taoz on
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

And he trusts your excretion... cheeky

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Taozen said:
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

Methinkest this conversation is going down the drain. 

Chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

jag11 said:
    MEC4D said:

icecrmn said:

Methinkest this conversation is going down the drain. 

S*** happens...